Menu
DexterD
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Suspension still in place by negligence - no contact

Hello.

I'm not proud of that but I couldn't pay my bill for a while, and naturally, my outgoing calls were suspended. That's okay.

However, after 4 weeks my incoming calls were suspended as well, and people could hear the message that my "number is temporarily unavailable", this is not okay, but still, I did not pay, I can't complain.

However, I paid the full amount Monday 21:30.
Agents from the infamous call centre once said it takes up to 24 hours.

This is now 39 hours and counting, and my services are still down despite bill fully paid.

I regularly restart my phone to let it reconnect, to see if the calls are back on.
Since I'm on a SIM Only rolling contract, the 789 number is unavailable to me if I choose not to use Direct Debit.

How ridiculous is that?

To keep it short, this is now unlawful and as much as I understand it's a holiday, I also understand that if a machine took my payment automatically, there should be a machine responsible for restoring privileges automatically.

I can't call, there's no online chat, there's no apparent email support, and as a paying customer, I have to resort to using the public forums for the attention of the Virgin Mobile employees. That's idiotic.

I expect my line to be fixed by 3 pm today, or I'll seek both the compensation and the PAC code.
I've had enough of random occurrences and of the time-wasting customer support, that in majority can't even properly pronounce English words.

You can find me by the bill number 2249957391

DexterD
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Suspension still in place by negligence - no contact

44 hours, no contact, no way to contact, line blocked both ways.
No acknowledgements. No way to retrieve number that was moved to virgin from another operator.
0 Kudos
DexterD
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

48 hours since account was cleared, still "numbers from this mobile are barred".
The phone was just restarted again.

0 Kudos
DexterD
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

2 days and 4 hours.

I need the line fully functional in the morning for the business conference. If I fail to attend it I might lose business and this thread is the record for potential liability claim.

I lost all and any patience I've dearly held for Virgin for last 10 years.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you need to call in. this is a community forum and staff take about 7 days to reply.
Each time you reply to your own post you delay a reply.

Plus its Christmas and no staff will be working on Chirstmas.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

it's probably 24 hours on a working day, payments won't be processed on xmas day or boxing day

0 Kudos
DexterD
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Assistance no longer required.
0 Kudos