Menu
Highlighted
rustymaester
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Suspended account again

paid for service twice and not getting much out of them because my account has been suspended again - quite irritating when i hardly use my phone and may need on times. seems like im just chucking money at the company and not getting my usage then when its activated i'll have to pay my bill again. getting ridiculous, may have to drop my contract if it keeps happen and i am not even told what is wrong and set up a direct debit which doesn't work. 

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Suspended account again

Bills are paid in advance, not in arrears. So if you are in the position that your bill is overdue, you pay it, you are only clearing the advance charges for the month your in.In addition, service is on the basis of having a DD in place.  You need to get it up to date and have a DD in place before service is restored. Based on my experience of being in a similair position, not the TOS as published.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
rustymaester
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i do pay the due and when it needs to be, and all caught up.

i have set up a DD with my other account, maybe that will help. my other one is set up too. so

just sucks when i thrown money into it and it switches on for like a week then switches back off and i cant use it when im out and about, i have no outstanding negative balance at all. ive sort been without my phone a month or two but on and off where i have already paid it. dont think i will get a compensation back for that. paid at the end of october, and mid november 16th and now again on the 28th november.. bet i'll have to pay again at the start of december and wont be switched back on until a few days from now or not at all, 30.00 quid for nothing at the moment. 

0 Kudos
rustymaester
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

problem resolved - i had to phone them up and they lifted my suspension - still wont get back the time i didnt have time to use it but what the hell. happy days. 

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ill leave this in here for future searchers reading the boards- Ive seen a few similair threads, where the temporary bar on services has NOT been lifted automatically when bill has been brought up to date- so always worth a punt on the phones....

Glad its resolved for you now.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
rustymaester
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

so my account has been suspended a third of fourth time now and i am getting frustrated as i only find out when im out and about leaving me stuck because i need it at points here and there, will be cancelling my account and changing to another service provider after paying a fair few times, not realistically falling behind on bills and only having a few days usage a time before suspension, reason unknown - even added a new direct debit card, told thank you through letting for updating it and then had a text to add a direct debit. like waht. i found someone cheaper and hopefully more reliable, i said i would do this and now i cant be **bleep** with virgin, was good up until a few months back. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rustymaester, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry you're suspended again, I can appreciate you're keen to get this sorted. 

I'd love to look into this and see why this keeps happening too you, therefore pop me a personal message and we'll take things from there. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team