cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden loss of signal/poor signal

RogueBot
Joining in

Hello!

At the end of last week (13/14th Jan) my phone suddenly lost signal. Since then I've had a mix of no service, emergency calls only or just minimal signal. Prior to that I was able to get 4g and had generally good signal strength. Phone also intermittently says 'Refreshing SIM data'.

My wife (also with Virgin) has the same signal issues but doesn't get the 'Refreshing SIM data' message.

Has Virgin changed their network provider? Or is there any reason why this is happening. Looking around social media I can see others are experiencing similar issues.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin have changed providers. They have moved from EE to Vodafone 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RogueBot,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your mobile service and connection recently. What model of handset do you have? Is this a problem in just a certain area, or is it happening wherever you go?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!