Menu
June_of_Dorset
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Subsidy Code

I am having a disastrous time trying to get my phone working with the new SIM that has been sent to me.  My phone is a Motorola T720i phone and although old it suits me just fine. It has functioned for the last many years on a PAYG with Virgin Mobile.  Now I have been sent a new SIM from Virgin Media. Is that significant?  Does that mean a change of Service Provider? When I switch my phone on, the demand "Enter Subsidy Password" comes up. I have tried my own PIN. Have tried the default security PIN and also the Personal Unblocking key.  Nothing works. Nothing else has been provided to me.  Still just "Enter Subsidy Password".  There has been no change of service provider from my side of the contract.  The credit balance on my has gone down by over £1 dialling only the Virgin helpline numbers. As a PAYG customer, I don't have an online account that I can log on to.  Only more frustration. I have filled in two lots of online pro formers so far, promising a response within 72 hours.  Nothing.  The first was four days ago and still nothing. Through the mobile. my landline and Online, Virgin seems to take one through an infinite loop of frustration.  Please don't send me a new SIM, give me my money back.  You are not providing me with the service that I signed up to.  I am very upset and sense the same frustration that I am having from others who have posted on this billboard. Is it possible to talk to a human being at Virgin or do they just keep you hanging on until the line goes dead?  It seem that I am in an impossible situation.  The next stop has to be the Government Regulator.  Is there anybody out there who can help me? Please!

0 Kudos
jeffluent
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Subsidy Code

Hi, I have the same phone,the same tariff and the same fing problem with the Subsidy Code. Will send within 72 hours,what a joke. I just go round and round with Virgin and cannot get to speak to a human. My number is an AA Helpline if my existing SIM stops working it could be a disaster for many people.
0 Kudos
jeffluent
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Clarification. By AA I mean Alcoholics Anonymous
0 Kudos
jeffluent
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have tried 3 different codes given to me by Virgin a nd my SIM is now locked. I cannot get over to them that I cannot now enter anything. Decided to switch to 1p Mobile so needed a PAC. Texting I receive a message begining We bad.......try later. Going online to the Virgin website and requesting a PAC results in Ooops........try again later. I believe Virgin is in such a mess with the purple payg SIM that this is deliberate.They are preventing people like me switching. Can't they be reported to someone?

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The SIM migration from Red to Purple has to be stopped first for the PAC code to work. The excuse is a conflict in the system. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
June_of_Dorset
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I complete this entry to now, at long last, close my issue and by so doing put this issue to bed.

I received an instruction from Virgin Media to re-insert the new SIM and leave it installed.  This I did, and left my mobile switched on and on charge, despite the only item on the screen showing was "Enter Subsidy Code" .  This also meant that my mobile was out of service for me.

After a long delay, days not hours, I re-visited the "virginmedia.com/simhelp" website.  Eventually I re-located the submission form to again register my complaint/problem.  This form has a had a couple of new fields added and so a bit more relevant information was included (and some irrelevant information no longer required.  I reiterated my problem and re-submitted the form.

After a further delay, I received an email from Virgin Media, issuing me with a new "Unlock code" and carrying the word "Code:" and an eight digit number.

I entered this "Unlock Code" or Code into my mobile as the Subsidy Password and my mobile then moved on to the next stage of asking me for my Unlocking Code.  I entered the number so described on the card that had originally carried my new SIM and lo and behold my mobile "fired up" (still containing the new SIM).  I quickly checked that it was working, and it was and is.

My account balance has now been transferred to the new SIM, albeit without the money that was "lost" phoning Virgin Media's Pay for help numbers. 

I have still to re-format my mobile and add updated security passwords, etc.

So, my patience has been rewarded and I am now able to use my mobile with the new SIM.

Thank you to Virgin Media.  I am pleased to be up and running again.  But it is a real shame that my patience was strained to the limit and I have suffered many anxious days not knowing whether I was going to lose my mobile service, my money and my relationship with Virgin M.

June_of_Dorset

0 Kudos
jeffluent
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Subsidy Code screen,Motorola V3.

Problem solved despite the fact that my phone was showing.Contact Provider and a phone shop told me it could not be unlocked (true for some V3s apparently) Eventually I had an e-mail from from Virgin with an unlock code 92665990 which worked. I have tried to leave some feedback thanking them,even if they were a touch tardy, but Virgin must be so unused to positive feedback there seems to be no way of doing it

0 Kudos