cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to get a signal

Matt4321
Tuning in

Hi,

Is anyone else having issues with their phone signal? I am in Wolverhampton and for the past few days I am struggling to get one bar of signal even in places where I usually have no issues. It becoming extremely annoying. I have tried software updates on my phone but to no avail.

Matthew 

20 REPLIES 20

From checking your local area I can see that the mast closest to your property (post code) is currently offline which may explain the poor signal. Other masts local to you aren't reporting any issues but this may mean that if it is a built up area you're trying to connect to a mast further away that will be servicing more users causing congestion.

If you have the opportunity, please try this in another location to see if the issue persists. For reference, masts in the WV6 area are all operational at this time so may be a place to test this.

Rob 

Hi Rob,

My home postcode is a WV6 postcode and I struggle to get one bar. As I said this only started around 3 weeks ago.

Regards,

Matthew 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Matt, 

Thank you for your reply.

As advised above what is your service like in other locations?
Zoie

Hi Zoey,

The furthest I have been is work around 8 miles away. It is fine there but as I keep saying I had no issues with the signal around Wolverhampton until around 3 weeks ago and now I can barely get one bar so something has changed.

Regards,

Matt

Hi Matt, 

I'm so sorry to hear this! This is most likely due to the mast that is down in your area. 

EE who manage the service and networks and will be aware of this and working to resolve this as soon as they can.

Thank you.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So it's happening over a large area  One of the team says they have checked things and all is fine  Later another member of the team blames it on an EE Mast (3rd I've seen today) However, they probably don't know if you are on EE or Vodafone. We have 2 other threads running citing problems in Wolverhampton. Doesn't need Sherlock Holmes to suspect this is delaying tactics.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Enil,

Three different people from Virgin asked me the same question so I answered it three times.

The first one of the other threads was started last summer so this is an ongoing problem which clearly isnt being sorted. EE need to get their act together. We are all paying for a service we cannot use!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The thread last summer was started by people using Vodafone not EE and is ongoing.

Do you know if you have been moved to Vodafone off EE?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Matt4321,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and welcome back to the community, sorry to see you are facing Signal issues on your Mobile, I have been able to locate your account and have had a quick look, so I can help further I will send you an invitation into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

To be honest I have no idea. How do I find out?