cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling to get a signal

Matt4321
Tuning in

Hi,

Is anyone else having issues with their phone signal? I am in Wolverhampton and for the past few days I am struggling to get one bar of signal even in places where I usually have no issues. It becoming extremely annoying. I have tried software updates on my phone but to no avail.

Matthew 

20 REPLIES 20

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Don't know if it is anything to do with this rather long thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/No-internet-near-Wolverhampton-train-station/td-p...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Enlli,

I did have a skim through that post before I posted mine but the original post was from back in the summer. I suppose it could be linked but it is very frustrating.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yeah that thread is ongoing from the summer as nothing has been sorted out in all that time.

I've come to the conclusion that Virgin may be having problems linking into the Vodafone network around Wolverhampton.  Have you had any chance to check things further afield?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

'I've come to the conclusion that Virgin may be having problems'

Enlli, I'm surprised that it's taken you this long to realise that!! 🤣

When have Virgin  NOT had a problem (of some sort or another) and not been able to even admit it??

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Matt4321

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of any signal issues. I've done a system check and everything should be fine. Can you advise, is this when you're at home, out and about or both?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

Everything may be fine on your systems but I can assure you is not.

It's not just me as my parents and one our my friends who are all with Virgin are having issues around Wolverhampton and they live on the other side of the city. I have not been out of the area over Christmas so not sure if it is any better elsewhere.

At the moment I can only make calls if i use Wificalling. 

I have read that Virgin are changing their equipment so not sure if that's the issue. If it is something needs to improve. We have all started having issues for the past couple of weeks. If it doesn't improve I will have no choice but to change network providers as I am currently paying for a service I cannot use.

Regards,

Matthew

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is very likely an interconnection fault between Vodafone and Virgin's systems as Vodafone users have no problems. As such I suspect it won't show up on either systems. If it does then I also suspect Virgin have not got the expertise to fix it. On the Mobile side of things their technical expertise seems sadly lacking.

BTW similar problems are occurring in parts of Manchester.

Thanks for coming back to us @Matt4321.

I'm really sorry to hear of the ongoing issues with your mobile signal at the moment.

Is this happening in just one location such as inside your home or isn't happening whilst out and about in your local area, as you mentioned you hadn't been out of the city.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven,

It is happening all over the Wolverhampton area not just in my house. My parents live on the opposite side of the city and are also having issues.

Regards,

Matthew