cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no incoming calls or texts

Sh36
Tuning in

I hope a member of VM forum team can help.

New to VM and on going porting issues with my number bringing over from Vodafone.

I cannot receive any calls or texts iMessage and Face time not linking to my ported number. Note on iPhone says phone number is associated with Apple ID but not the phone and shows days remaining 

When people try and call my number, message says you have dialled an incorrect number. I really need to be contactable 24/7 by my elderly mother. 

i was assured Virgin Mobile have my phone number it’s just the important bits I don’t have…. When I signed out of and re-signed in to Apple ID, I now find no cards work on Apple Pay because a verification code is sent, you guessed it, via text message which doesn’t work! I cannot receive text messages. Contacting various banks I was advised this is the only way card can be verified ( I understand may be different for other banks, but this is what my banks insist on)

I’m a bit stuck really. Since I am within the initial 14 day ‘cooling off’ period, under T & C’s no reason needs to be given if I decide to leave VM

CS agent advised I can’t request PAC code because they are sent by, you guessed it, text message. I did say could send a message to another number but CS agent wasn’t interested.

I don’t think I am being unreasonable, my phone number which has been ‘mine’ for more than 30 years is more important to me than VM. A ticket was raised for the porting issues however I’m not convinced anything will change in the next few days. 

How can I get a PAC code so I can transfer to another provider who will be able to provide a complete service? Bearing in mind unable to receive calls or texts. …. Or will that be another can of worms with a new provider because number porting not ticked as complete on my account?

On the plus side, of the 4 calls I have made to 789 two people have been outstanding as has one of the Virgin Media Forum members who replied to a previous post I am sure it is all system issues but that doesn’t help me since I cannot afford another week without a complete service 

thank you in advance

5 REPLIES 5

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Sh36, 

Thank you for posting to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with the porting of your number, I appreciate this must be frustrating. 

I have checked from our side and can see you are currently speaking with my colleague via private message. We would recommend popping them over a message and we will be able to assist you further from there. 

Information regarding porting your number out can be found here

Thank you, 

Nat

Thank you for responding, being new to online chat and forums I wasn’t entirely sure of the protocol, yes I will message the aforementioned colleague, I really wanted this to work with VM not sure if leaving ‘mid fix’ is the right idea but at the minute I can note see situation improving 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You're welcome. 

My colleague will be able to assist further but it would be worth checking with them before requesting a PAC to avoid any issues. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sh36,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM's, although the issue isn't fully resolved as of yet I am glad the Executive Team are on the case. 

As we already mentioned, this case will now be under their jurisdiction and they will do all they can to get it resolved for you. 

You're in especially good hands so I am confident this will be resolved soon!

Thanks for your patience. 

Megan_L

Hi Sh36, 

Thanks for popping Megan an update via private message. She is currently off so I've picked this up to avoid any delays. 

We're really glad to hear things are now resolved and working for you. 

I've passed your feedback and thanks along to the relevant teams who helped. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs