cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no 5G/Vodafone 9 months on.

ItsJamieLike
On our wavelength

Hello, 

Had the joys 12 months ago of signing up to a 5G plan with Virgin, "you'll get it as soon as it's available on our network"... 9 months since it being on their network I've still not been moved on to the Vodafone network or have 5G. 

Anyone else who was in the same boat had a move or any information other than the usual .. it will happen between 2021 and beyond. 

Clearly a little annoyed since it's been available for so long and the only option VM as a solution is to buy out my contract and upgrade.. that would then be a higher cost plan to ... Well downgrade my current upgrade providings... Insert PhoneJacker Phone Salesman Video here.... 

Jamie 

5 REPLIES 5

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ItsJamieLike,

Welcome back to our Community Forums, and thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you have not been upgraded to our 5G plan yet. 

In order to do so, you can get in touch with our Mobile dedicated team on 0345 600 0789 who will be able to assist with this further and will be able to upgrade your package to 5G. Unfortunately we're unable to do this over our Community Forums, so please get in touch directly.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Update - 

I spoke to the number above, they told me I again will need to pay £700 to upgrade to a 5G tarif, and that I can't be changed to Vodafone yet because if everyone was moved "The Vodafone towers would crash and nobody would have a working phone".. 

Yeh. Right. 

Ah well guess I'll wait another unknown amount of time 🙄.

Jamie 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ItsJamieLike,

Thank you for getting back to me. I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to upgrade to the 5G tariff just yet. I understand that this can be disappointing. 

Please keep an eye out and I'm sure you'll be able to switch over soon.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help at the moment.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ItsJamieLike wrote:

Update - 

and that I can't be changed to Vodafone yet because if everyone was moved "The Vodafone towers would crash and nobody would have a working phone".. 

Yeh. Right. 

Ah well guess I'll wait another unknown amount of time 🙄.

Jamie 

That's the best load of bull I've heard from Customer Services in years 🤣 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

'That's the best load of bull I've heard from Customer Services in years '

Enlli, it's obvious that VM are training them better then!! 😜