Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still cannot use my mobile at home despite having a Vodafone mast in my eyeline

clhea
Joining in

Have had 

Ultimate Oomph Unlimited SIM
Unlimited Virgin mobile minutes, Unlimited Data, Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Minutes

since they began and have not, as yet, used a single minute because I cannot get EE in my house. (I can get it in the garden which is not much use especially when trying to use 2-step verification !

I can get O2 and suspect I would be able to get Vodafone as the mast is line of sight and probably no more than 500m away.

I have complained and spent many futile hours on the phone to various departments within Virgin but not one positive steer other than I should have my number ported over by November.

Apart from paying Virgin Mobile thru the Oomph bundle I also paying Tesco Mobile £10 a month for a SIM only deal.

Been a very frustrating and annoying period and I still have no idea when things will change.

Just getting something like an update would help alleviate my unhappiness with this situation.

If anyone has anything definitive would love to hear from you

Cheers

Chris

12 REPLIES 12

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like your phone is still running on EE. Eventually everyone on Virgin will be moved over to Vodafone but I've no idea of timescale, hopefully shortly.

I think if you upgrade you may get Vodafone, the team will advise.

Another option would be to look to moving to one of the VOLT offers that would give you an O2 SIM

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post @clhea, and a very warm welcome to you!

Can you please advise me when you last had a new SIM card from Virgin Media? 

The SIM cards currently being issued our are Vodafone supported SIM cards, and therefore could help remedy this issue - if you are indeed on an EE supported SIM card.

It may be worth looking into these links for an idea of the status of the coverage in the local area;
For SIM cards supported by EEFor SIM cards supported by Vodafone 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for your advice.

The last SIM I had was in April this year when I was told it would work with either EE or Vodafone

I did get an email yesterday

Hello Chris 

Sit tight! Your order's winging its way to you as we speak. 

We're aiming to get your Physical SIM(s) to you by Royal Mail in the next 3 working days, and we'll be delivering to: 

[MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

In case you need it, your order reference is:

Here's a handy breakdown of what goes with what from your order, so you know how to match up your kit. 

Mobile Number SIM Card Number

which was a bit of a surprise as I had not ordered one or spoken to anyone about ordering one (other than posting on here)

Thanks again

Chris

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Quick way to determine which network you are on. 

Do a manual network search. If Vidafone is showing and EE missing you are on EE

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks

Shows exactly that although it also shows Virgin and O2 as well

Regards

Chris

Do you know approximately when we last issued you with a new SIM card @clhea?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi

I did reply to your post but obviously  I did something wrong ... ?

The last sim I had was in April this year and I was told that would cover EE and Vodafone

I did receive this email yesterday which came completely out of the blue as I had not requested a new SIM

Hello Chris 

Sit tight! Your order's winging its way to you as we speak. 

We're aiming to get your Physical SIM(s) to you by Royal Mail in the next 3 working days, and we'll be delivering to: 

In case you need it, your order reference is: [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

Here's a handy breakdown of what goes with what from your order, so you know how to match up your kit. 

Mobile Number SIM Card Number

Regards

Chris

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hi again

Forgot to mention that I can get O2 as well as Vodafone in the house...the only one I cannot get is EE (unless I go in the garden)

Regards

Chris

Hi

Sorry I have just seen that I had copied some personal details in my reply to you and they have both been removed...my fault

The last SIM card I had was April and I was told it would be compatible with both EE and Vodafone.

I did receive an email completely out of the blue yesterday to say my new SIM card was winging it's way to me...bit of a surprise as I had not requested one ?

Regards

Chris