Menu
LdGallifryan
Up to speed
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Started contract Friday. Received S9 with defected screen

Hello, I got a contract on Thursday and received the phone Friday. 

Received a case from amazon.. As well as a screen protector for the Samsung s9.. 

I have not even put the sim card in the phone or switched it on. As I am angry! And thinking of cancelling the contract. As I am uncertain

To protect it.. 

I opened the box today, as I was to scared to use it before getting a case and screen protector.

I prepared my desk with the phone in its box and my case and screen protector.. 

And once I opened the s9 box and to check the phone.. I saw a white dot on the front of the screen right of the long button on the left hand side.. 

Looked like dirt so I used a wipe you get to prepare for putting on the screen protector and it would not come off.. 

So I thought well virgin has sent me a defected mobile.. So I called them and the guy on the other end told me to contact another number... To get a replacement.. I phoned the number up and told them what was wrong and the guy said since I started the contract and he told me that the replacement phone will be a new not a refurb.. 

I know you guys are wondering well problem solved..

But maybe I am wrong but.l, I phoned them up as I felt a little uneasy I phoned the number again and got a total different response that I will get a jifffy bag to send it back to them and a engineer would look at the device.

Now not forgetting what the other guy told me that I will get a replacement new phone tomorrow..

When you get a contract you expect a prestine condition.. Phone.. Not a scratched or defected one. Maybe it has a screen defect and maybe it is a few mm in size.. But you are paying at the new RRP. 

Has anyone dealt with virgin mobile and had a defected phone what was the response and what did they do?

0 Kudos
LdGallifryan
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Started contract Friday. Received S9 with defected screen

OK, I received a brand new phone the next day from this post on Tuesday.

This is what happened I received the new S9. No damage this time.. Perfect!

Installed the screen protector and the case used it and such am happy.. 

Now problem number two... Phones great.. But the Yodel driver done the exchange but, instead of the driver opening the bag he told us to sign for it..

And then he said the exchange please.. Meaning the other phone.. We sealed it up in the original yodel bag it came to us in.. And he scanned it and we thought that was it. 

Unfortunately it was not, as soon as we opened the parcel exchange bag we saw a box saying S9.. And a bag. And I wondered what the hell is this. 

(the guy at virgin mobile told me that we have to give the driver the phone in the bag... We presumed it to be the original one but closer inspection it said on the bag another address.. 

So we called virgin mobile again, and they said it would be fine.. Don't worry about it. 

My thoughts was that we a gave some stupid driver a phone that was going to the wrong place and may never get there... And virgin mobile will charge me £800 for a missing phone. 

So I phoned Yodel and they said they cannot help us as it is down the virgin mobile to contact yodel to give them the address or details.

So far since I received the replacement phone, I have been bricking it, as yodels tracker is saying

"We are waiting for the sender of your parcel to provide further details for delivery."

Every few hours everyday so far. 

Yesterday we called yodel again and got them to phone us back today and we told someone higher up in the company our problem and gave them the original waybill number and the other ones.. And the crucial one being the one that is on the bag.. To change the current parcel to be the new waybill and address.. 

At the moment this is stressing me out to no end. 

Feel like I should have £100 taken off my bill for the trouble and the bad advise virgin mobile have given me since the start! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
LdGallifryan
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can someone help me?

Stressful as hell and I need some reassurance. I don't want to pay £800 for a phone that is missing on top of the phone I have received.

Because a stupid delivery driver didn't know his job.. 

He did not tell me to get the box out of the bag and he did not tell me what to do.. 

Just to sign the box and hand over the parcel... That was it. 

I looked on the exchange bag and it says driver instructions, and he did not follow them. 

I got contradictory information from virgin mobile customer support, as well.

I feel very much in the dark and feel very stressed about the whole thing

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi LdGallifryan, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you firstly received a handset with a mark on it and you've now had some issues returning that handset due to the way Yodel have done things.

I can assure you this ins't the level of service we aim to provide and it's disappointing to hear of instances like this. 

I'm keen to look into this for you and therefore I'll pop you a personal message asking for further details. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos