cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stac code

donaldliv
Joining in

I've just left EE they've given me a stac code saying my new provider (virgin) must take or EE will continue billing me, spoke to virgin rep who said they don't need it can anyone confirm this as I don't want another bill from EE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Usual misinformation from Virgin.

Yes, you have to give them a STAC code for your EE contract to end.

From Virgin website

If you don’t want to bring your number with you, you’ll need a Service Termination Authorisation Code, or STAC.

When you use a STAC, your old airtime plan will be cancelled as soon as the switch completes. That means you won’t need to serve a notice period with your old provider or pay double the bills.

Just bear in mind that if you use a STAC, you won’t be able to recover your old number later.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Usual misinformation from Virgin.

Yes, you have to give them a STAC code for your EE contract to end.

From Virgin website

If you don’t want to bring your number with you, you’ll need a Service Termination Authorisation Code, or STAC.

When you use a STAC, your old airtime plan will be cancelled as soon as the switch completes. That means you won’t need to serve a notice period with your old provider or pay double the bills.

Just bear in mind that if you use a STAC, you won’t be able to recover your old number later.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @donaldliv

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding your STAC code, I am really sorry for the mixed messages you have received regarding this.

As @enlli advised, you will need to provide us with a STAC code for your EE contract to end.

Hope this helps clarify things.

Kind regards,

Serena