cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split port

Steve197811
Joining in

Hi,

so I have migrated from o2 to virgin, after an initial shocking display from customer services who claimed firstly that virgin don’t do eSIM and then claimed that in order to get a virgin eSIM I would need to go to apple…. I now have my number ported… hurray… or is it..

so the virgin sim can make calls but can’t receive them. It can’t send or receive texts either. 

I have tried to initiate an eSIM Port but that doesn’t appear to be doing anything either. I’m DREADING calling customer services.. like I would rather just port out than speak to them.. 

any help on here please? Device is iPhone 11 Pro Max, has a physical sim from another provider and a eSIM that I’m trying to get in use with virgin.

thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Steve197811,

welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

As you have mentioned you have just ported your number are you able to try checking the following to make sure the number in the phone settings is correct: Settings>Phone> My number

If the number showing is incorrect can you try to change this and then see if this resolves your issue?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

No number is listed

Thanks for checking, are you able to put your number in to see if this helps?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Ok, this is strange. So I did a network reset and now it appears that I can send and receive texts, I can send and receive calls… all good..

But this is on the physical sim not the eSIM that I initiated.. should I close the eSIM request and generate a new one?

How long does a port to eSIM usually take?

Thanks Nathan

I have a physical sim. I’ve generated my qr code and scanned it in on my iPhone 11. 

the qr code has dissapeared from my virgin esim hub and says that it’s in use. 

but my sim is still active and the esim just says no signal. 

anyone know how long it takes to change over? Fed up of carrying multiple phones! 

thanks all

Good Morning @Steve197811, and thanks for your post.

I can see that you've started a different thread on this subject, which I've now been able to have merged for you. 

Please don't create multiple threads for the same issue moving forward, as it can create confusion and result in multiple agents working on your account at the same time..."Too many cooks spoil the broth" as they say..

Can you please advise me if the service has now switched over to the ESim?

If this is ongoing, I'd be willing to look into your account via our private messaging function and once data protection is passed, advise further 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi, no this hasn’t been resolved. Still have no eSIM.

Thanks for confirming. I will send you a PM now to request some details so we can take a closer look into this for you.

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks