cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Port Solutions?

Witsenday
On our wavelength

Hi folks, I recently joined Virgin on the Big Oomph bundle. I ported my mobile number from BT. The switch date was today 12/01/21. Received text saying all was well, and showing as switched in account.

However, I can't receive calls/texts. I have read through previous posts with the same issue and tried the suggestions to no avail. Have also contacted CS and expect a call back tomorrow.

I'm posting to see if anyone has any other suggestions/advice, but also to document what happens with this situation.

If it manages to be resolved tomorrow I will post back to highlight this, however I'm feeling doubtful based on others experiences.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to reply.

19 REPLIES 19

Witsenday
On our wavelength

Well, that would be absolutely fantastic if can do that for me Corey! And thanks for the quick response.

All my contacts are stored in the handset so you can do that anytime from now.

Cheers!

OK no worries, I've activated the replacement SIM for you. This can take up to 24 hours, but usually within 15 or so minutes. 

Cheers,

Corey C

Witsenday
On our wavelength

Cheers Corey,

I'll keep you updated. Thanks for your help.

Wits

Witsenday
On our wavelength

Ok Corey. The SIM's up and running. Thanks again for that. However, I'm still in the same predicament. Unable to receive calls or texts.

Do I have to run through all the troubleshooting again or do you believe this is a porting issue?

Cheers

Apologies for not getting back to you, 

I've sent the error over to the porting team, ref# P010370921, so we'll be able to get this sorted for you. It can take up to 3-5 days, however should be much sooner.

Cheers,

Corey C

Witsenday
On our wavelength

Hey Corey,

No problem. I could see how busy you were with other posts. I really appreciate your help with this.

Hopefully this will be the fix...I'll update in 5 days or (fingers crossed) sooner.

Wits

No worries, I appreciate you patience, Wits. Let me know how it goes.

Witsenday
On our wavelength

Hi again Corey. Hope you are doing well.

Well as of around 2pm today (26/01/21), it appears the problem has been resolved! Hallelujah!

Can now receive calls and texts, including OTP from Paypal etc. My mobile is fully functional at last!

Just wanted to provide that update for you, or anyone else following this thread. I believe it was your input that helped accelerate a resolution. So thanks again, and keep up the good work. You're a credit to Virgin.

Also, thanks to anyone in the porting team who helped to sort this.

Best wishes, Wits

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I have exactly the same problem. 

Port from Tesco mobile due to take place yesterday- new sim now calls out with ported number but all incoming calls and texts go to old sim which can’t make calls.

Very frustrating- can anyone help as CS don’t seem to understand !

Hi wrxseeker,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with porting your number across to us. 

I have attempted to locate your account with us but have been unsuccessful. 

I do wish to help with this and so what I will do is private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin