cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Port Solutions?

Witsenday
On our wavelength

Hi folks, I recently joined Virgin on the Big Oomph bundle. I ported my mobile number from BT. The switch date was today 12/01/21. Received text saying all was well, and showing as switched in account.

However, I can't receive calls/texts. I have read through previous posts with the same issue and tried the suggestions to no avail. Have also contacted CS and expect a call back tomorrow.

I'm posting to see if anyone has any other suggestions/advice, but also to document what happens with this situation.

If it manages to be resolved tomorrow I will post back to highlight this, however I'm feeling doubtful based on others experiences.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to reply.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Apologies for not getting back to you, 

I've sent the error over to the porting team, ref# P010370921, so we'll be able to get this sorted for you. It can take up to 3-5 days, however should be much sooner.

Cheers,

Corey C

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Witsenday
On our wavelength

Hi again Corey. Hope you are doing well.

Well as of around 2pm today (26/01/21), it appears the problem has been resolved! Hallelujah!

Can now receive calls and texts, including OTP from Paypal etc. My mobile is fully functional at last!

Just wanted to provide that update for you, or anyone else following this thread. I believe it was your input that helped accelerate a resolution. So thanks again, and keep up the good work. You're a credit to Virgin.

Also, thanks to anyone in the porting team who helped to sort this.

Best wishes, Wits

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

Witsenday
On our wavelength

Received callback from CS. Agent confirmed with me that issue has not resolved itself after 24 hours, and will now escalate this with the Technical Dept. Informed that I will receive another phone call regarding progress.

So far so good on the customer service front. Now over to you Techies. Hopefully a quick and easy fix.

Thanks to everyone trying their best in these difficult times...

As I hadn't received any update on the progress, I decided to call CS. Agent did not have any record of previous call and supposed escalation to Tech Dept.!

Agent walked me through the troubleshooting, which I explained I had already done. Was adamant that I need to try a new SIM card before it can be escalated. I explained that I believe this will not solve the issue as the SIM card with the original pre-ported number was functioning fine.

I now have to wait to get a new SIM card to be in the same situation I'm in already (being unable to receive calls or texts). I don't believe a new SIM card is going to resolve this issue.

I'm really unhappy with this service and had I known of the problems I would have, would certainly not have switched.

Hopefully something can be done about this to change my mind because as it stands I would not recommend Virgin Mobile to anyone. Sad but true.

Are there any forum members here who can help or advise please?

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, Witsenday,

Sorry to hear that you have been having issues using your mobile, are you able to confirm if you have received the replacement SIM and if everything has been sorted?

Cheers,

Corey C

Witsenday
On our wavelength

Thanks for getting back to me Corey. Was beginning to think no one was bothering.

No, I haven't received the SIM yet; hopefully tomorrow. I will update with a new post once I have tried it. 

What do you think? Will the new SIM solve the problem? I'll be very surprised if it does, but we live in hope...

Cheers

Thanks for replying, Witsenday,

Apologies as forum replies aren't always real time, but we always care. 

A replacement SIM may help as it usually resolve most calling problems, but it could also be a routing issue or porting issue as you stated you were coming from BT. It also would depend on what you hear when you ring the mobile number, if it's a tone or error message for example. Most mobile diagnostic flows will ask for the SIM to be changed, but if this has not been resolved when you get the SIM let us know

Cheers,

Corey C

Witsenday
On our wavelength

Yes, I appreciate your response. It does make a difference.

Regarding what is heard on dialling the number-it varies.

If I dial from my Virgin landline I get "Oops..You might like to check that number and try again". This is stated twice, followed by a reorder tone (one long, one short tone).

If my wife calls from her mobile on 3 network, there is an incorrect number tone (3 ascending tones).

If my Mum calls from her older Virgin landline she gets the message "Sorry the number has not been recognised".

Other friends are getting either tone or message.

Interestingly, if I call my number from my own handset it will go to voicemail.

I will surely update here on the outcome with the new SIM. Thanks again Corey.

Cheers, Witsenday,

Do let us know how it goes with the replacement SIM.

Thanks,

Corey C

Witsenday
On our wavelength

Hey Corey,

Well, I got the SIM card early this morning! Put it in my phone, but no signal after 2h 30 mins. I had to put old SIM back in again as needed to make calls and use data.

I've been at work, but have now put the new SIM back in again at 3.45pm.

If you have any suggestions on how to activate the new sim card that would be helpful.

Thanks

Thanks for your message and update, Witsenday,

Yes I can remote activate for you. This will cancel the other SIM if you are OK with this. Make sure you back up anything that needs backing up like contacts.

Cheers,

Corey C