cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Son wants mobile in his name

Peggyc67
Joining in

For the last 6 years I have ordered a contract phone for my son along with a phone for myself. My son pays for his mobile but now the contracts up he wants the phone contract in his own name. Is it possible to do this with virgin he still lives at home. Can he order a new phone on virgin and use same sim or would he need a new phone number in his own name?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BumbleVMTech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, they should be able to set a new contract up and port the old number to it

Regards

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

BumbleVMTech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, they should be able to set a new contract up and port the old number to it

Regards

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Will be trying this myself... I am very unhappy that Virgin make this such a pain.  I had my own sim only package for many years and a few years ago I got a phone call from Virgin asking if I wanted to upgrade etc.  I didn't as I was happy with my package and buy my own sim free handsets but he said I was a gold customer or something to do with having a high credit limit with them and the guy asked if I wanted to add other deals for my family members.  I thought getting my son a sim only deal for his phone would be a good idea but didn't want to be stuck with it when he was old enough to work and pay his own bills.. I was hesitant about it and told the guy the idea was good but what happens when my son is older and has a job etc. and wants his own responsibility for the sim deal without changing his number that he would have had for a few years.   The guy said, that's no problem, when he is ready (old enough and earning his own money) give us a call and we can transfer it over.  Well several years down the line and we are now at that stage, but guess what...... Virgin mobile don't/can't do that.  Typical sales guy lying to get the extra business at the time knowing full well that by the time it becomes an issue it will be far from his problem.  I used to trust virgin and off past satisfaction with the mobile side, transfered to media aswell from Sky.  Had I known they lie to your face to get more money/business from you, I wouldn't have bothered.  Now when I get phone calls from them asking if I want to upgrade or get a new handset, I hang up and block the phone numbers.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Peggyc67 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

Your son should be able to get the new handset in his name, this would be subject to a credit check however. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M