cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow.. No.. 5G RollOut - Cumbria

ItsJamieLike
On our wavelength

Hello, 

Just a bit of a moan I guess, like everyone else in Cumbria covered by Vodafone. Really surprising that the only mast (1) VF have to live for 5G in Cumbria, is in town with a population of 2,000 people. 

Is anyone else feeling the pain of a slow rollout in their county? 

Unsure if this is a north/south divide that VF/O2 seem to have, EE and Three seem to be making progress across Cumbria. 

Does anyone have any inside information on the expected date, or what could be some of the issues? I am aware it was a big press push, and local "vigilante groups" in 2018 for Carlisle as prior to that Vodafone had some dire speeds in Carlisle and no 4G offering before Vodafone made any progress. 

2 REPLIES 2

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not the sort of information you are going to obtain in a hurry as networks play these things close to the chest. Vodafone only ever publish new coverage 3 months in advance. This is far more than some networks.

I've lived through 1G, 2G, 3G and 4G roll outs and I would not say this slower than any of the others.

Poor areas will benefit from the closure of 3G when the 900MHz frequency is refarmed, but that is longer term.

As in all of these things, go with a network that gives you what you want, where you want it. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It would be interesting if they would explain the reasons why, if it's not their own problem, for example, "Rollout in Carlisle issues due to the council". Just a shame when you're trapped in a network.

From memory... Like yourself, moons ago I don't overly remember 3G/4G being all that much of an issue. 5G seems to be so slow...