cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow 4G in PO12 Area

mike057
Joining in

The speed I am getting at the moment in PO12 area on 4G is painfully slow. It has been like this for about a week now. Please sort it out Virgin!

A2F26601-8F04-40A5-BE80-DB07AC9B82BC.jpeg

14 REPLIES 14

Hi Nathan,

It was indoors. With all the hype of super fast speeds on 5G when I saw 5G displayed on my phone I was expecting a tad faster than that. I’m even getting 4bars signal strength on 5G indoors too. 
5G is still in its infancy so not expecting great things from it at the moment. 

I’m not complaining as I said it’s certainly faster than I was getting previously. 

Thanks for the reply, that's good going for indoors too 🙂

Let us know if you need any further help with anything.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It may be the quirk of how 5G presently works.  It's a system called None Stand Alone (NSA) and requires the 5G tower being linked to other 4G masts

I think that the work that was causing problems was down to reconfiguring the network for 5G

Vodafone still show no 5G for you at present but planned for the near future.

Three reports 5G on my phone but we are still 4G with 5G to come shortly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

258BF104-3EA8-4CB1-A5CA-ED96426D7D99.jpeg

Thank you for keeping us updated on this mike057.

We would like to look into this further for you and so what I will do is private message you to confirm some information. 

^Martin