cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow 4G in PO12 Area

mike057
Joining in

The speed I am getting at the moment in PO12 area on 4G is painfully slow. It has been like this for about a week now. Please sort it out Virgin!

A2F26601-8F04-40A5-BE80-DB07AC9B82BC.jpeg

14 REPLIES 14

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mike057

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding the slow speeds you are experiencing on your 4G data connection, I'm sorry to see you are getting such sluggish speeds at the moment. Have you checked the coverage in your area here: https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/coverage-checker?

Have you also tried using your SIM in a different handset just to rule out if this is a handset issue?

Have you left the PO12 area recently, if so what were your speeds like elsewhere?

Kind regards,

Serena

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Screenshot_20220425-155407_Chrome.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mike057

Thanks for sharing this screenshot, I'm sorry to see there is a known issue affecting your mobile service at the moment. That is not ideal. Did you obtain an estimated fix time when clicking the fifth option 'more info'?

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi Serena,

I have now seen this too on the Vodafone status page. Unfortunately if I try to enter my phone number for an update it tells me to enter a valid Vodafone number. I assume this is because I’m entering my Virgin number. So no unable to get anymore info. Can you not get any more information from your systems at Virgin?

6B964279-26D0-4B38-A3A7-022B3AE5AC3F.png

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mike057

Thanks for sharing the update. I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required and take a look for further information regarding the issue for you.

Best wishes,

Serena

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As this is a major issue with equipment failure very near to you there is no ETA as to a fix. Looks like equipment has to be changed rather than repaired.

I'm a Vodafone customer and the only extra information I can get would be a text message when it is actually fixed 

I'm afraid these things happen. EE is poor in my area as they had to remove a mast and are struggling to get planning permission for a replacement.

Three have had major engineering works for the past two weeks in my locality.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the details @enlli

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience caused by the area issue @mike057 - hopefully it will be fixed very soon.

Kind regards,

Serena

mike057
Joining in

Update:

The issue appears to have been fixed. However, I my phone is now displaying 5G. Virgin & Vodafone coverage pages say there is no 5G in this area. Strange. 
Although the speed has now increased to what I was getting last week it does seem slow for 5G comparing it to the advertised speeds of 5G. Oh well at least I’m getting a better speed now whatever I’m on. 

36241771-2CDF-4F37-BE26-AA7FD7AE93E9.jpeg

Hi there @mike057, thanks for the update.

I'm glad to hear this is now working for you with improved speeds. From the test you have run while now on 5G speeds was this done indoors or out? Speeds can vary and location can be the main thing to affect this.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules