Menu
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 61 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Re: Siri not working on mobile data.

We believe this issue is now resolved.

If you could please try to use Siri over mobile data, and then let me know how you get on, then that would be great.

Best

James

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
colinmo
On our wavelength
Message 62 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Great Siri now working thank you .
I appreciate that things like this happen with technology but the disappointment and frustration was the way Virgin handled this .
Poor communication between tech and customer services and complete denial of the problem until very late in the day .
Dodgynic
Tuning in
Message 63 of 77
Flag for a moderator

hello

Well thats some welcome news! 

I did have a feeling it would go on and on and be fogged off with excuses so im pleasantly surprised the problem has been resolved and is working on my phone now.

I think some sort of acknowledgement to your customers that you were wrong in how you dealt with the issue would be a wise action.

I personally had a new sim, many lost hours on phone to both Virgin and apple as i am a upgrade to contract i started to regret it and it wasnt a good way to start a 24month contract.

however thank you for resolving it and publishing so on here.

nic

ray8bus
On our wavelength
Message 64 of 77
Flag for a moderator

thank God for that, I was considering cancelling the contract today but so glad it’s all over yes Virgin be a bit more upfront in future
Ptesoap
Joining in
Message 65 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Yeah Siri is now working thanks, but you still need to fix the issue with the mobile data because Its cutting “dropping” out when not on WiFi and after being on WiFi I have to switch my iPhone 8 to airplane mode then back again or sometimes I have to restart my phone to get mobile data back on and working!

0 Kudos
R1680
Tuning in
Message 66 of 77
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same issue. Siri fixed but mobile data connection keeps dropping out. Having to restart phone a lot. Never had to do that with previous iPhones.
0 Kudos
jporter86
Tuning in
Message 67 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same for me. Great hat Siri is fixed but hat is only one of the problems.
0 Kudos
R1680
Tuning in
Message 68 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Seems to be an issue with Apple apps. Does anyone else think that. Using Safari/ no connection, but switch to Chrome and I have one. Means Mail app doesn’t work though. Perhaps the fact they solved the Siri issue means they know where to look.
0 Kudos
ray8bus
On our wavelength
Message 69 of 77
Flag for a moderator

I have a similar problem Siri is now working but when I ask it to call someone from my contact list just keeps saying who shall I call, and the second time I ask it to call someone it wants to call myself, this is getting bloody ridiculous!
0 Kudos
colinmo
On our wavelength
Message 70 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Siri now working but now when using safari it keeps saying “connection lost” when trying to view certain websites even when 4g signal is good .
Please don’t let this become another long duration problem Virgin.
0 Kudos