Menu
ray8bus
On our wavelength
Message 51 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Re: Siri not working on mobile data.

I have just been with Virgin for over a month now, I have had this issue since I rejoin them on December 21, I have just got off the phone after being with the helpline for an hour and she did not own up to anything and dumped me back on Apple, I know if I want to cancel my contract they are not going to let me go and it’s going to be one big argument, because they won’t admit to this issue, it seems obvious it’s something to do with the new Sim cards as other peoples card works absolutely fine on my phone and my Sim card won’t work on theirs! Virgin you have lost it, you are rubbish.
0 Kudos
richardstevens9
Tuning in
Message 52 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Just to confirm:

Virgin ARE aware of the problem.

They do acknowledge it and are "working hard" to find a solution. I have been contacted a couple of times by the executive office who have confirmed that:

1. If I decided to leave because of this issue, they would not charge me an early release fee and

2. Upon resolving the issue, they will talk about compensation.

If anyone else tells you different, they are misinformed.

0 Kudos
GazHawk
Tuning in
Message 53 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I rang up about this last week and they initially tried to fob me with the "the problem is with Apple" story.

The customer service rep eventually put me on hold and spoke to the "tech" department.

after this she said she was raising a ticket for this to be fixed and it would take 3 to 5 working days to be resolved (she also said she had to pass my IMEI to them as well). tomorrow will be working day 5 so if it still not sorted I will be back on the phone to them.

this is the third time in a month (I have had my contract for a month) I have had to contact VM about my phone and the first 2 times I was blatantly lied to, lets hope this is third time lucky eh.... not happy.

Cheers

Gaz

Rustywheelnut
Tuning in
Message 54 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Can’t believe this is still not sorted. I’ve even been on Twitter and Facebook but all I get from Virgin is “the team are still working on this”

No timescales or specifics given 😢
0 Kudos
Dodgynic
Tuning in
Message 55 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Obviously Virgin read this and I think it would be good customer service to make a statement about this problem, and keeping its customers informed as to what’s being done.
I too am a new customer of a contract and would like to know what’s happening.

I’m sure one of these programs that looks at consumer issues would take it up to get to the bottom of the problem.

I’m still following this thread in the hope for some clarity.
I would like to have my phone doing what it is designed to do.
Many thanks
GazHawk
Tuning in
Message 56 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Just been back on the phone to Virgin and my ticket has been escalated to a "Master Ticket" and have also had confirmation that the problem is with Virgin mobile.

I have been given the 0800 number for the cancellation department but I think I will be in for another argument as I am obviously not willing to pay to get myself out of my contract (this was mentioned in the last call).

I cannot be without SIRI as I commute to and from work and SIRI is my hands free.

By the way never had any mention of compensation (although that isn't much good to me to be honest as I still wouldn't have hands free)

0 Kudos
Scotty5
Joining in
Message 57 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi - I’m also without Siri and just discovered I can’t receive or call my wife’s vm phone. I’d rather just cancel my contract than continue to wait for a solution. I’m on month 2 of a 12 mth sim only contract and it’s never worked right - will I need to pay off the whole contract (as advised by 2 vm shop staff)? Does anyone have the number to get straight through to cancellations please? Thanks very much.
0 Kudos
GazHawk
Tuning in
Message 58 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scotty5,

The number I was given is 0800 183 1150 (option 3 apparently).

I haven't rang yet so let me know how you get on please.

Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 59 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi all

We are working with Apple to investigate and resolve this issue.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

We will let you know when we have more information to share.

James

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
enlli
Problem sorter
Message 60 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Working with Apple

A bit like the line they put out to Blackberry BB10 owners when they found they could not get 4G

I won't tell you how long that lasted.

0 Kudos