Menu
R1680
Tuning in
Message 41 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Re: Siri not working on mobile data.

Virgin replaced my iPhone X to address this issue and it was no surprise to me that it hasn't made any difference. 

I called the customer helpline again this morning to let them know and after consulting their technical people their tried to blame Apple and said they are still looking into it. 

I have zero expectations that I will hear anything from them about this unless I chase them.

I will give it a few more days and then if not satisfied I will cancel the contract and send the phone back. 

I switched my whole family to Virgin based on previously good experience. I am regretting that decision after this. 

ray8bus
On our wavelength
Message 42 of 77
Flag for a moderator

I was with Virgin from the first day it started and had no complaints, then Sky Mobile offered me an amazing deal but I could not get any signal at all in my local area, so I cancelled the sky contract went back with Virgin on December 21 since then I have had three replacement Sim cards and I’ve had the same problem all the time they blamed Apple but I’m sure it’s nothing to do with the phone as so many different phone models of getting the same problem.
R1680
Tuning in
Message 43 of 77
Flag for a moderator

I have now decided to hand my phone back and cancel my contract as I am still in the 14 satisfaction guarantee period. 

I thin the problem is wider than access to Siri over mobile data. Apple apps, like the App Store, Pages and Keynote are also not working. It seems that Apple is blocking access to my phone when using mobile data, but NOT wifi. 

That seems a specific and solvable issue as I haven't had a problem with my previous four iphones.

As I say, I am leaving Virgin, but maybe that information will help find a solution for others. 

jporter86
Tuning in
Message 44 of 77
Flag for a moderator

I have this issue. Virgin Mobile are awful. Have had so many issues since moving to them...authentication messages from banks blocked, no connection to internet with full 4G signal (which means toggling mobile data on and off to reroute when using google maps) and now Siri not working on my iPhone or Apple Watch. Being trapped in a contract that I’m not able to get out of is not cool!
Stew007
Tuning in
Message 45 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Same for me

I have just moved from a 30 day rolling mobile contact to a 12 month contract. I have also done this for my wife’s phone.
I have IPhone X my wife iPhone 5s. Everything worked fine on the previous sim on both phones.

Having received the new sim Siri does not work on 4G on either phone, extremely important for my work.

I have just looked at your online forums and you clearly new about this issue, why did you not inform me. Can you ask the team to make contact (Swansea please)

I need this resolved ASAP and I advise all potential customers to think twice before buying an apple phone via virgin.

I am well within my cooling off period and note customers have been waiting many weeks for resolution.
0 Kudos
lrperkins
Tuning in
Message 46 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Update from me:  Since emailing the Complaints department in Swansea on 12th January I have yet to hear back despite the promise or acknowledgement within 48hrs (as per their "Consumer Complaint Resolution Code of Practice" http://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/Consumer%20Complaint%20Code%20of%20Practic... ).  Nor have I had any phone calls that were promised to me on at least five occasions from the helpline.  I have now also emailed their "Online Dispute Resolution complaints" at ODR@virginmedia.co.uk just to re-affirm my decision to close the the account and stop further payments from next week. I don't expect to hear back and I look forward to cancelling the DD next week and see how long it takes them to contact me after that :-)  Maybe I've been fortunate in my life but never yet have I come across such incredibly shocking service and ignorance from a customer service team.  Thank goodness I held off from my moving my broadband, landlines and TV package.  It's expensive at nearly £200 per month but SKY and BT will keep me as a customer for the foreseeable.

0 Kudos
richardstevens9
Tuning in
Message 47 of 77
Flag for a moderator

I think we have all experienced the same issues as you.

The frustrating thing (well, one of the frustrating things) is that I have been a Broadband and TV customer for a while and have not had any problems with the service team.

How there can be such a vast bandwidth in levels of service, within the same company is beyond me.

To be fair, I have now been contacted, and do know what they are trying to do to resolve - but they can still not give any indication of when, or even IF, the Siri issue will be solved.

Not good enough.

0 Kudos
Dodgynic
Tuning in
Message 48 of 77
Flag for a moderator

I to have just changed from rolling sim to contract & after discovering that Siri didn’t work contacted customer service who didn’t say anything about a known problem but passed me over to Apple Care who after around an hour and three calls inc full reset told me there was no problem with my phone or software which was a complete waste of time.
I’m now wondering if I should give the phone back as within the 14 days and go elsewhere for a contract.

IF virgin are reading this maybe they would like to comment or reassure it’s customers in some way....

Many thanks
0 Kudos
jporter86
Tuning in
Message 49 of 77
Flag for a moderator

I would jump ship while you still can!
0 Kudos
PaulB369
Joining in
Message 50 of 77
Flag for a moderator

So today was day 14 of my new 24 month contract, phoned Virgin CS who said the Siri issue wasn’t a Virgin issue it must be Apple. This is the fourth time I have called and the team are still blaming Apple even when I explained about Terri’s reply.

As I am within my 14 day cooling off period, send me the returns envelope, I’m out of here.

Thank you and goodnight 👍
0 Kudos