Menu
R1680
Tuning in
Message 31 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Re: Siri not working on mobile data.

Is there an update on this issue please?

I am unable to use Siri over mobile data on a new iPhone X and am thinking of returning the phone and cancelling the contract. I have only had it for 6 days and don't want to be stuck with a fault phone. 

When will it be fixed?

Thanks

R1680

0 Kudos
lrperkins
Tuning in
Message 32 of 77
Flag for a moderator

It's been a month for me now with this issue and still the customer service guys know nothing about it and insist on going through the whole resetting scenario.  They sent me another new sim today to see if that would solve the problem even though I kept insisting it was network issue and pointing them toward these forums!

Sorry Virgin, time up! Despite having the phone since October, my direct debit is being stopped and I'm cancelling the contract as the neither the product nor the service is fit for purpose.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 33 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

I'm sorry that you are still having a problem with Siri when using your mobile data.

Just to let you know that our technicians are still working on this. We do not have a resolution time on this, however, I am monitoring the fault ticket for any updates so that I can let you know what's going on with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
R1680
Tuning in
Message 34 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for keeping us informed.
0 Kudos
lrperkins
Tuning in
Message 35 of 77
Flag for a moderator

@Teri_P From my point of view the initial Siri problem is not necessarily the main issue anymore. The fact that your customer helpline has no visibility of the problem or at least won't acknowledge it is deeply concerning. The constant requests by them for users to perform resets on the phone or push us back to Apple for a solution is extremely frustrating. I was even asked to send my phone in for repair and when I refused they sent me a new sim card to try. This was only two days ago when the problem had already been acknowledged by you on this forum. Incidentally, my initial call back in December was taken by a call handler who firstly did not what the "Siri App" was and when he found out I was told that "you don't need the internet for Siri to work". Sorry, but like I said, time is up, moving on, taking my business elsewhere. My letter terminating my contract is in the post on it's way to your Swansea complaints department as once again your helpline was both unable and unwilling to assist me with the cancellation.

0 Kudos
ray8bus
On our wavelength
Message 36 of 77
Flag for a moderator

I am bitterly disappointed with virgin, many hours spent to their support staff to know avail and they have no idea when this issue will be fixed, I am blind and use Siri all the time so I am paying for mobile data I can’t even use absolutely ridiculous!
Scotty5
Joining in
Message 37 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi - I have had the same issue with Siri on 3g/4g since I signed up to the contract 15 days ago.

Yesterday I purchased a PAYG sim from EE to check that the issue was with VM and can confirm that it must be VM - I've had no problems with the EE sim.

0 Kudos
doubleluckstur
Joining in
Message 38 of 77
Flag for a moderator

It's been down all week for me too since buying a new iPhone and using Virgin's sim. Works on Three. Sort it out Virgin please

0 Kudos
Phillips2391
Joining in
Message 39 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi iv recently purchased a virgin sim and had the same problem with Siri not working on data. I managed to fix the problem myself by simply....

Going to settings, go down to Siri & search then turn it off and back on again, it should ask you to reset Siri. Once you’ve done that you should be all good 👍
0 Kudos
ray8bus
On our wavelength
Message 40 of 77
Flag for a moderator

I have been through all that with virgin and tried turning Siri off and on quite a few times but still hasn’t worked, I have just tried it again but no luck I think this seems to be lots of different problems with the Sim cards!
0 Kudos