Menu
colinmo
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Siri not working on mobile data.

Hi 

Since receiving a new sim siri has stopped working on mobile data (iPhone 6).

Virgin support have sent me another new sim but still not working.

works fine on wifi and worked ok on my original sim,  it works if I put in a Voda sim.

mobile data ok for everything else, email and internet etc.

I have completely restored iPhone as new phone all to no avail.

Any suggestions...

teabag
Wise owl
Message 2 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Re: Siri not working on mobile data.

No suggestions for you :-(

But can say, on my wife's iPhone 6, Siri works is working fine on mobile data with one of the new purple Virgin SIM's.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £8 sims. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Top-tech
Joining in
Message 3 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have the same issue on a iPhone 6plus only stopped working when I got a new SIM card that was given to me a part of a upgrade to Virgin’s network.

ive spoken to virgin and they said this has happened to a lot of customer’s since getting there new cards as part of there upgrade.

and are looking into it.

hope some one out there has a answer to how to fix this issue.

colinmo
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your comments.
At least Virgin have admitted to you that there is a problem.
I have contacted them four times now and each time they have been in complete denial that it’s a problem they are aware of.
I have explained that the problem moves with the SIM card if I transfer it to another phone and that before the SIM upgrade it was not a problem, but they still claim it’s an Apple issue!!
I have found a forum post from last year from someone who had the same issue on Vodafone.
It turned out to be antivirus software on the Vodafone servers blocking Siri on his account.

MurphsterDawg
Tuning in
Message 5 of 77
Flag for a moderator

I have this same problem on my new X. Since switching the SIM to the new Virgin one Siri has stopped working when on mobile data. Works fine on wireless networks and with other Sims so it’s definitely the new Sim and mobile data. Sadly when I went into the Virgin store to see if they knew anything it was dismissed as an Apple issue. When I explained it wasn’t I was met with “sorry. We can’t help you”. Frustrating.
LeeDenton
Joining in
Message 6 of 77
Flag for a moderator

I’m having the same problem.
Just changed from EE where everything worked fine. Everything works as it should on WiFi. This is a pretty massive problem for me as I use Siri with the built in Bluetooth in the van.
colinmo
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Virgin if you monitor these forums please take note of the growing number of unhappy customers with this problem.
The issue is definitely linked to the roll out of the new SIM cards in some way.
Please sort the problem or at least acknowledge the problem exists and that you are trying to sort it.
Please stop telling me to restore my phone and then claim it’s an Apple issue.
The original white SIM cards work fine I have proved it by inserting my Wife’s SIM.
colinmo
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Must be something to do with Virgin blocking the Apple server. I am also unable to sign in or out of Apple iCloud if I’m using Mobile data but no problem when on WiFi.
richardstevens9
Tuning in
Message 9 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Your question is showing as answered - and it clearly has not been..

Just wondered if you have any luck elsewhere?

Thanks

0 Kudos
teabag
Wise owl
Message 10 of 77
Flag for a moderator

Update from my post on the 20th when Siri was working on 4g OK for our iPhone 6, it has also now stopped working and just comes up with NO connection over 4g 😬
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £8 sims. Customer since 1993.