Thanks for your comments. At least Virgin have admitted to you that there is a problem. I have contacted them four times now and each time they have been in complete denial that it’s a problem they are aware of. I have explained that the problem moves with the SIM card if I transfer it to another phone and that before the SIM upgrade it was not a problem, but they still claim it’s an Apple issue!! I have found a forum post from last year from someone who had the same issue on Vodafone. It turned out to be antivirus software on the Vodafone servers blocking Siri on his account.
I have this same problem on my new X. Since switching the SIM to the new Virgin one Siri has stopped working when on mobile data. Works fine on wireless networks and with other Sims so it’s definitely the new Sim and mobile data. Sadly when I went into the Virgin store to see if they knew anything it was dismissed as an Apple issue. When I explained it wasn’t I was met with “sorry. We can’t help you”. Frustrating.
I’m having the same problem. Just changed from EE where everything worked fine. Everything works as it should on WiFi. This is a pretty massive problem for me as I use Siri with the built in Bluetooth in the van.
Virgin if you monitor these forums please take note of the growing number of unhappy customers with this problem. The issue is definitely linked to the roll out of the new SIM cards in some way. Please sort the problem or at least acknowledge the problem exists and that you are trying to sort it. Please stop telling me to restore my phone and then claim it’s an Apple issue. The original white SIM cards work fine I have proved it by inserting my Wife’s SIM.