cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simply the worse phone/service I have ever had!

urga
Tuning in

I have had the Samsung Galaxy s21 ultra now for a few months now  and I have to say it's the worst setup I have ever had!  Aside from all the niggles with the actual phone, the reception is shocking  and totally useless.

I have a very poor signal in my home and sometimes cannot even make or receive calls or even access my voicemail. Even out and about, it's always me that has the worst signal? What gives? It's totally embarrassing when people are trying to call me or vice versa. I tried switching to an eSim to see if that could improve matters, but no. So, is it possible for me to get another provider on my eSim or physical Sim, so that I may at least be able to get a signal? I am on a contract with this phone so I am stuck with Virgin for the time being:(.

Don't get me started on mobile data!

Totally fed up!

David

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can get an ESIM on another provider as the phone will handle more than one. Alternatively you could use another provider's SIM in the now vacant slot.

At the moment it is hard to say which of Virgin's network suppliers you are on (They use EE or Vodafone) 

Technically on the S21 range you should be able to use WiFi Calling at home which would negate that problem.

There could be a problem with the phone of course in which case it would be best to let Samsung themselves take a look.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

27 REPLIES 27

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can get an ESIM on another provider as the phone will handle more than one. Alternatively you could use another provider's SIM in the now vacant slot.

At the moment it is hard to say which of Virgin's network suppliers you are on (They use EE or Vodafone) 

Technically on the S21 range you should be able to use WiFi Calling at home which would negate that problem.

There could be a problem with the phone of course in which case it would be best to let Samsung themselves take a look.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi urga,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your Mobile phone service.

Can you confirm if you have been able to check out our Mobile diagnostic help tool on our website: virg.in/phonefix

Please do keep us posted.

^Martin

Martin

Are you implying that my phone is in need of repair? My major issue was with the service I have been receiving from Virgin Mobile. Not with the phone, per se.

When I popped my son's SIM card(SKY) into my phone, it worked fine. Perhaps I should have popped my SIM into his phone(my old s8) and observed that. Unfortunately  I have now switched over to an eSIM.

David

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky Mobile runs on the O2 network, so they must have a good signal in your location.

I think we need to know which network Virgin are using in your case.

Can you do a manual network search and let me know the results?

Available Networks are: Virgin,23432,Vodafone UK, O2-UK and  3 UK

The phone is currently connected automatically to Virgin

Cheers

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

OK. That indicates to me you are running on EE as they have been replaced on the list by Virgin, which is normal.

Hi @urga,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear you're having these mobile connection issues. May I ask if you're having signal issues wherever you go, or does it only appear to be specific to an area or two?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi

It's terrible at my home, but also seems consistently poor when out and about. Every other phone seems to have a good signal, but mine?

David

Has this been ongoing since you joined us Urga

Have you changed handset recently 

Gareth_L