cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simlock abroad

snou
Joining in

Hi I have problem with phone .I received him as present but I wasn't informed that he have simlock.

There is any way to remove simlock??

Phone Samsung s10 5g

Imei number :

[REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

14 REPLIES 14

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Snou,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums 🙂 

I am so sorry to hear you have been having issues with your Phone. Can you confirm for me, if the handset on provided by us? Is the phone unlocked?

Zoie

It's samsung galaxy s10 5g with imai number that i posted it's lock to Virgin mobile I can provide photos if it will help 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply Snou,

Your IMEI was removed as this is a public platform and you cannot share your personal details.

Was the phone purchased from Virgin? 

Zoie

Yes it was phone purchases from Virgin and its says it's lock but I don't have simcard from Virgin and right now it's in Europe 

I didn't know that's from safety  reason was deleted imei 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Snou, 

Thank you for your reply, was the phone purchased from us directly? As our handsets purchased directly are unlocked. Does the handset work with a Virgin SIM?

Zoie

It should work with Virgin but in Sweden I don't have this network 😞

My friend in Poland have Virgin if it can help 

Do you have data roaming turned on @snou?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Phone was a present I didn't get phone number or simcard and it doesn't work with other networks 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@snou wrote:

It should work with Virgin but in Sweden I don't have this network 😞

My friend in Poland have Virgin if it can help 

Virgin network in Sweden is totally different from Virgin UK. There are a number of Virgin Mobile Networks around the globe and the only thing they have in common is the name 

This begs the question as to if this is a Virgin UK phone?. As mentioned, Virgin UK have not sim locked handsets for quite some time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks