Menu
Charlieococ
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sim will not work in France

Hello.

I'm in France with my fiance. We both have the same sim card (red and white) which were sent at the same time.

Her phone (Huawei) has connected to S FRS but mine (pixel) will  to not connect to anything.

I've tried all troubleshooting steps I can find, have already spoken to Pixel support but they're saying it's not a pixel issue.

I swapped sim cards with my fiance and hers worked in my phone.

What can I do to get my son to connect?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim will not work in France

Hi there @Charlieococ

Welcome to our Community Forums and for your first post - sorry that you're having some issues with roaming whilst in France. 

Thanks for checking the SIM's that helps us out 🙂 

Can we confirm if you activated roaming before you left the UK? You can check this via your online account here: virg.in/youracc

If all activated, have you tried a reboot of the impacted handset and tried a manual network search? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Charlieococ
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello, thanks for the reply.

I have tried manual searches and can see the networks but I get an error message stating 'network unavailable please try again later'.

I have also rebooted and reset the mobile network configuration on the device.

Roaming is also activated, I had a similar problem in Turkey but it rectified itself after a day or so and a dozen reboots.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Charlieococ

So I can take a look at this further for you I will pop you over a private message. Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Thanks Jodi