Menu
PHayter
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sim swap - new sim not valid

Sim swap. New sim received after second request. New sin put into phone, but message says 'invalid sim'. 

The phone is a Virgin Media phone Alcatel onetouch.

What can I do?

0 Kudos
pumas
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim swap - new sim not valid

If the phone was bought NOT through Virgin, it will be locked to EE.(not your fault)

To gain access to 789, try any unlocked phone, even an old one, or buy a cheap one. Whatever happens, it probably won't be quick.
If Virgin can't 'unlock' your phone, they may send you a new phone.

0 Kudos
PHayter
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I bought a new cheap unlocked phone, put the SIM in, but it still says 'invalid'.

Is there a number I can call Virgin on, as obviously I cannot call from my mobile.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi PHayter, thanks for the message and I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the sim. I am sorry to hear that you are getting the message of invalid sim. Can you confirm if thed phone which you purchased was unlocked or is it locked to a particular network, has the sim card been activated? Can you try the sim in another phone to see if you are getting the same issue? Chris 

0 Kudos
PHayter
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The phone was purchased from Tesco, with a Virgin SIM. no idea if the phone is locked. The SIM has been tried in another unlocked phone, but I still get the same invalid Sim message.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @PHayter

Thanks for popping back and re-confirming the checks that you have already done; I am sorry about the confusion and any delay caused. Your new SIM may not have been activated as yet - we can certainly check this out for you and see if we can assist you further. 

We have not been able to locate your account from your forum information so I'll need to pop you a Private Message to take some details with you. Please look out for a Purple Envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos