cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim suspend

Micky21
Joining in

Hello customer services,

I have recently had a message from VM telling my sim will be suspended.  Please could you sort it out and prevent this issue from happening in the future?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you PAYG?

How long since you made a chargeable call or text?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Micky21, and I'm sorry to hear of the possible suspension of your SIM card.

If you're able to offer us a little more background information, starting with the questions posted by @enlli, that would be ace.

Can you please also confirm if you've recently been issued a new SIM card in the post but have failed to swap this with the one currently in your device?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,

I'm a PAYG customer and the last time making the calls were a while ago.

This issue is not relating to the new Sim swap as I have already had it active and work fine since.

I would be grateful if you can sort this out for me.

Thanks

Ps.  I'm attaching the notice below and wonder if it is true 

Why not try our Text Messaging Service?

It’s a great way to get help with your Virgin Mobile services - and it's free!
Just send your query to 07533016422 and we’ll text you back.

Messages are free when sent from a Virgin Mobile connection.
We're open 8am - 10pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Then it's likely you are getting near this. Make a call or send a chargeable text and all will be well.

3.8 Keep talking!: You need to use our Services at least once within any 90 day period either by making a chargeable call or sending a text message. If you don’t we may suspend your access to the Services and cancel this Agreement. If we cancel this Agreement, you may lose your phone number and any unused Top Up credit on your account (see Clause 10.3). We don’t really want to lose you as a customer so please ensure you keep talking or texting!

3.5 No refund: If you don’t use all of the credit in any Top Up that you purchase, or such Top Up expires (if applicable) then we will not give you a refund for it. If this Agreement is cancelled (unless you cancel in accordance with Clause 5.4) then you will also lose any credit you have on your account and we will not refund it to you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Micky21, if you're still having issues after following enlli's advice and using the SIM for a chargeable call/text please let us know.

Tom 

Hi Tom,

I am not able to make a call from my mobile at all.  I have a message from VM advising me to call from a landline to 03456000789 if need running again.  After talking to a female staff, she told me I can't use the service and suggest to make a refund.  She then asked me to check for the serial numbers which have 12 digits on the SIM and she will call back for it.  I have no phone call back for yesterday despite waiting.  This morning Friday 27 Aug, I have a call from International number 02085203846 about 11 am claiming from the Refund Department, checking for my name, address, post code and asking my dob as well but doesn't mention from VM.  I'm not convince if this is the call I'm expecting for my query but more likely being target for scam.  Would you kindly to check for me? 

Thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Micky21, 

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. 

I would be happy to take a closer look in to this for you. 

In order to do this, I will just need to pop you over a private message to grab a few more details. 

This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon 

Nat