cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim stopped working

RolandErbil
Joining in

Asked to change from PAYG to Monthly but as soon as direct debit confirmed the SIM that had been working stopped. Solutio offered online was to call Tech Fault services but without SIM working while on overseas project am stuck.

8 REPLIES 8

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @RolandErbill

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to our Community Forums! We're very happy to have you here! 

I'm so sorry for the confusion with your SIM card, your new SIM card will have been sent to your address as we can only post this to the UK, and will need to be activated on a UK network. 

If you have someone in the UK that can accept this SIM and activate it for you, then I would be happy to arrange for this to be sent to them via a PM with you?

If you would like this to be arranged please let me know and I will send you a PM.

Thank you.

Thanks Ashleigh - this as yesterday's convo online just after switching...

Kallin: Great! This agreement is now setup, however you can withdraw for any reason within a 14 day period which begins the day after you receive your SIM Card.

18:18, Aug 23

Kallin: As you have taken out a 5G product, you need to have a compatible handset and be in a 5G serviceable area to receive this service.

Kallin: Your SIM Only order is now placed and the order number is 100001444488713. You will also receive an email confirming about your order.​

Kallin: ​If you have question about the delivery, please give us a call on 789 from your Virgin Mobile phone o​r mobile, or call 0345 6000 789 * from any other phone.​ ​

Roland : Now this is something new about 5G

18:19, Aug 23

Roland : what delivery ?

18:19, Aug 23

Kallin: Yes, since this is a pay monthly contract. 😊 Sorry the delivery should not be sent. You will still use the same sim.

In fact this SIM is fairly new and if I remember was DHL'd out around the end of 2020 but before the message that PAYG would be stopping in october.

RolandErbil
Joining in

Update from V-mobile chat: 18:46, Aug 24 Daryl Hope: I have double checked the account here and I have found out the main reason for this issue. It appears that the system is processing your migration to our new network partner which is Vodafone. That affects your services the migration will let you get 5G network for your SIM. 18:50, Aug 24 Roland : aha so 18:50, Aug 24 Roland : so, patience is all that is reuqired? 18:54, Aug 24 Daryl Hope: Yes, Roland because on the migration process it includes the roaming services on it. Then no need to worry once the migration completes your phone will work fine and no need to change anything for it since we have done it already when we troubleshoot it. 18:54, Aug 24 Roland : Fingers crossed then Daryl 18:56, Aug 24 Daryl Hope: Rest assured it will work, Roland once the migration completes. I will also put a notes here in your account about this. 18:56, Aug 24 Roland : Thanks 18:57, Aug 24 Daryl Hope: You're welcome, Roland. Thank you for your understanding and patience regarding your roaming services. Is there anything else that I can help you with? 18:58, Aug 24 Roland : No- not for now - I will rely on patience until tomorow" 18:58, Aug 24 Roland : Any reasonable ETA ? 18:59, Aug 24 Daryl Hope: The migration will be completed within 24 hours, Roland and please don't take out the SIM from now on. Thank you. 

Thank you for sharing this with us @RolandErbill and I'm glad to see the chat agent was able to advise on this. So sorry for any confusion caused! 

Can you let us know tomorrow how things are looking and if there are any further issues we will be happy to take a look for you! 

Thanks again. 

THANKS - WILL DO.

Still 'dead as a dod'.

Surely the migration period mentioned by the chat service two days ago should now be complete?

Thanks for your reply and update, I've sent you a post to confirm your mobile account info.

Cheers,

Corey C