Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sim problems

I put my new sim into my phone and it did not work. Eventually managed to "chat" to an "expert" who said there had been a "glitch" in the system and it had not been activated, but he would do it straight away. Still not working, neither is the old sim. It is nearly 2 weeks now with no service, so I have given up.

I am dismayed to realise that this problem has been going on for at least a year and Virgin have no solution. It is impossible to speak to anyone.

I do resent paying for a service I cannot receive!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim problems

When you say it didn't work are there any error messages?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No

It just says" Mobile network not available for voice calls" or "emergency calls only"

I have received a letter today saying I will lose service in 7 days if I don't change the sim. A similar e-mail was sent Saturday when I was trying to contact Virgin. Obviously I cannot pick up texts.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Liz15, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear about this issue you're faced with. I know this is a delayed response to your post, before going round the houses to diagnose the issue, can I confirm if this is still the case at the moment? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos