Menu
Phil_Smith
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sim not valid

Why insist on changing sim cards when the device my mother uses (a Nokia1100) neither needed a replacement nor can it use the replacement sim? yet you still plan to kill this sim. This phone was purchased with a Virgin sim it was in a virgin box and is locked to virgin!! You now intend to kill off the STILL VALID sim to suit your own agenda. This will leave my 83 year old mother without an emergency phone. Your practices are neither just nor acceptable. Why should she buy a new phone to suit your network agenda?

It took me all my time to teach her how to use this simple device. She does not need or even want a "smartphone"

Your customer service is terrible, I only found out what was going on when I found the back off my mothers phone where she had tried unsuccesfully to instal your "new" sim. She can not use the internet and as such would never have found this page.

May I respectfully suggest you review your communication before forcing such changes through

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim not valid

Hi Phil_Smith, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community forums.

Firstly, I am really sorry to hear that your Mother is having some issues with her handset after inserting the new SIM, this of course is the last thing we wanted to happen. A rollout of replacement SIMs were required in order for us to make some necessary changes and upgrades to our network. 

What happens when she inserts the new SIM into her device? Is she presented with a network unlock code prompt or something else? If we find that the handset is completely incompatible with the replacement SIM, we will then offer to send a replacement device.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim not valid

HI Phil_Smith, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am going to send you a private message to enable me to look into resolving your mum's SIM replacement issue further.  I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused both of you. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos