cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim not registered

Nettie1
Joining in

Like other users I am getting refreshing sim data all the time and not able to use the phone for calls and texts.

Was told it was a sim problem so got sent a new sim.  

Then told a hardware problem so looks like I've wasted my money on a new phone with virgin too and it still doesn't work other than for a few minutes after the agent provisioned the new sim in the new phone.

Looks like others on here have a similar issue

11 REPLIES 11

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Nettie1,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your SIM card at the moment.

Can you tell us a little more about what issues you've been experiencing? When do you get the error and what does it say?

The more information we have, the more we can investigate into this issue. Please keep us updated so we can help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It comes up with refreshing sim data about every 30 seconds and also says vigin unknown number in the sim manager at all times now.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Nettie1,

Thank you for coming back to me about this issue. Is this issue showing when you insert the new SIM card as well, as the old one?

Are you able to take a screen shot of what this looks like on your mobile phone so we can help?

Have you rebooted your Mobile phone to see if this can help?

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

• Yes that's right and yes rebooted.

Wifi calling option keeps disappearing too.

Screenshot_20220206-170136_Call settings.jpg

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Out of interest is this a Samsung?

There are a number of things that may or may not work.

First go into Connections/ Mobile Networks/ Access Point Names and then select the three buttons at the top  and Reset to Default.    That has cured some 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Nettie1,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue. Have you been able to try the steps outlined by @enlli?

Let us know if this can help get rid of the error message, or if you need any further assistance going forward.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Yes.  It didn't work.

Still got this

Screenshot_20220207-102630_Call settings.jpg

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is normal to get the SIM Card Manager pop up a while after switching the phone on. However, once you have accepted, it should be OK until the next reboot.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

This is all day every day no matter physical location.