cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim not receiving texts or calls post porting from EE

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had requested a porting of my number from EE to Virgin. This was meant to be completed yesterday and today I am only able to make outgoing calls and texts and not receive any calls or texts. I have gone through all the various trouble shooting with different virgin associates where now they are going to be sending me a replacement sim. This wil take 3 to 5 days which is incredibly disappointing as I am unable to access any of my apps that require phone verification. Can this be escalated to the technical team to ensure that the porting took place properly? It seems like a lot of people have also reported this issue and the replacement sim doesn't seem to do the job.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! I waited for the technical team to call me on Saturday and also today but received nothing. I've switched back to EE and should receive my sim by tomorrow. Literally worst experience with a service provider I have had.. It's a shame you have the CEO flying into space when the basics on ground level can't be mastered.

Branson is not CEO and has no dealings with Virgin media other than licensing the name.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

ashpole
Superfast
You’re correct, it won’t be the SIM. Issue needs to be escalated but Support’s playbook says send SIM first.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response. It's so frustrating especially trying to even get into contact with someone in the technical team to sort it out. Honestly, if I knew it was going to be like this I would have never have switched to Virgin.

I lasted 76 days before deciding to pay the exit fee and run. What with Belgium ring tone, phone number formatting issues, loss of data unless I set the SIM roaming setting for UK(!) etc on top of a failed port, I thought it best to go elsewhere.

Thanks for your post and or reaching out to the Community Forums, Reshmi06

Sorry to hear that you are having mobile service issues. This can sometimes be due to the SIM card not reading the port correctly, however if this isn't the case then the mobile networking team will need to be contacted to check the incoming/outgoing call routings since your port. Currently this can only be done by calling again as we have limited support from within the forums, apologies.

Thanks,

Corey C

Anonymous
Not applicable
  • Thanks for the responses. Incredibly frustrated, received the sim but same issue. Told the person on the phone I need to speak to technical team to correct the porting but wasted 45 mins of them troubleshooting to then transfer me for the department to be closed. It is frankly ridiculous and now I am thinking about changing to another provider but don't even know if the number can be ported to another sim if they've already messed it up from Virgin to EE.

Mine ported out OK in a similar situation to yours. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I waited for the technical team to call me on Saturday and also today but received nothing. I've switched back to EE and should receive my sim by tomorrow. Literally worst experience with a service provider I have had.. It's a shame you have the CEO flying into space when the basics on ground level can't be mastered.

Good luck! I hedged my bets and trying different networks to determine their coverage and facilities vs my needs. I’ve done 3 and now testing Vodafone!

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Anonymous.

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here again.

I am sorry to see that you have not had the best experience with us.

I can see that you have now left us to go back to EE, I am sad to see this. I hope you have no issues with EE and everything runs smoothly.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide