cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim not activating

Skelluk
Joining in

Hi

I’ve recently got a virgin media oomph package, including a SIM card. The SIM card has not activated and doesn’t seem to be waiting, the website is a nightmare, as every problem I seem to have isn’t an option on there. I can’t ring as my SIM card hasn’t activated so I do not have access to my phone without WiFi. 
please can someone help activate my sim?

thanks 
Luke

17 REPLIES 17

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Skelluk, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the sim card and this is not the experience we want you to have with us, please see the following link here on activations. If you are still having issues after this please let us know. Chris

sgtboltz
Tuning in

yup im having the same issues, Sim not provisioned been unable to anything with the sim from my oomph and i have had my sim in for past month and never promted to enter pin

Thank you for your response. Just to confirm, do you get any error codes with this sim? Also, have you tried reinserting the sim and rebooting the device to see if the issue persists? 

thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

i have just recieved a replacement sim card today, so hopefully this sorts my issue out. i contacted a member of the team and apparently the sim was never activated within the 30days, altho it was inserted into my phone since the day it arrived.

so again it shows sim not provisioned for voice.. but apparently that will correct itself in 24hrs if not mistaken.. i confirm if it has or not after this time frame. thanks for the reply back tho

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @sgtboltz,

Thank you for the update, please do let us know how it goes with the new SIM.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

so been 24hrs+ and the new sim still says not provisioned for voice. restarted phone about 7 times in the 24hrs as well re instered sim few time's, tried in different phones so any suggestions on what to do next would be great thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sgtboltz,

Thank you for coming back to us. I'm very sorry to hear that this has been your experience with your new SIM card.

Have you taken a look at our Mobile Activation page for more information about this issue? Please let us know if you're still experiencing this issue and we'll do all we can to help look into this with you.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

yeah i have done everything suggested from that information 😞

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sgtboltz,

Thank you for coming back to us about this issue. I'm sorry to hear that the Mobile Activation page did not help with resolving this issue. 

I'm more than happy to look into this for you. I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details before we can look into this further for you. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team