Menu
Highlighted
nikieforster19
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sim network unlock pin AND unable to phone!

Hi all.  Really hoping someone can help as I'm so frustrated with this.

I received my Sim card (new customer to virgin mobile)

On installing, it states: Sim network unlock PIN 

This I didn't have, so dismissed.

BUT, and here's the kicker, I can not CALL Virgin to sort this out because I have no function to enable wi-fi calling on my phone AND there is no online chat function for mobile phones!  What's that all about? PLUS I have no other phone to call from.

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.  (Maybe I should have stuck with my old provider!!)

many thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim network unlock pin AND unable to phone!

Actually, if it is saying SIM Network Unlock then Virgin can't sort it out. It means your phone has been networked locked to your previous suppler. It is them that have to get the code from the manufacturer.

Depending on the type of phone you may be able to get it unlocked at one of the multiple mobile phone repair shops around. You will have to check their charges.

Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi nikieforster19,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our forums page.

Very sorry to hear you have had trouble with your mobile. Have you got this resolved since your post?

If you haven't and your phone is still asking for a network unlock code, you may be able to get this code here: https://keepup.virginmedia.com/unlock-code-request

We can't guarantee we will be able to provide the unlock code, however, it is worth a try.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
nikieforster19
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lindsey

I bought a brand new phone in the end!! 

I was very disappointed that virgin don't offer an online chat service for mobile phones as I have no way of calling anyone.

Thank you for your message though.  Appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi nikieforster19,

Very sorry for any disappointment caused by this, although online chat is not an option for mobile, we do have a text messaging service. 

You can text the mobile customer services team on 07533016422, they are available Monday - Friday 8am - 9pm.

I'm glad you have got this all resolved, if you need any help in future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos