Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Sim me lock problems.

Hello,

We have four virgin mobiles with two of them pay as you go, when the sims got swapped we only recieved three sims. The payg phones aren't used as phones but get called every month or so to keep them active, this is how I found out that the phone without a new sim was now deactivated. Got in touch with virgin explaining what happened got the credit back but they explain payg is no longer supported so virgin can't send a new one.

I purchased a tesco payg sim plugged it into the phone and turns out the phone is network locked, phoned support again which gave incorrect unlock codes and now there is only have 8 tries remaining. Phoned support again this time providing the IMEI number, we got two more codes which niether worked. I was then told an email will be sent with a code but its been more than a week now and have not recieved an email.

Today I was on the phone with support for hour and a half finally got put through to technical department, I was told that 'Enter Sim ME Lock' meant the phone was too old and needed to be replaced. Is that right? Everywhere else claims that it just means the phone is network locked and the other payg which is the same model works no problem with the new virgin sim card.

Can someone on the forum team look into whats happened please, the phones are 4 year old but still does eveything we need it to but due to virgin is now a paperweigth through no fault of our own. So does 'Enter Sim ME Lock' mean the phone is too old to be used or is it simply network locked?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim me lock problems.

Hi HiUtilization, thanks for the message and I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into for you. Chris 

0 Kudos