Menu
Helpvm
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sim card upgrade Q

Due to covid out of UK on lockdown. As such cannot yet do sim swap.Would hope I will not loose service. A response from Virgin would be greatly appreciated.

Would be great if there isca customer service email, whatsapp or chat online for customer communication.

Has cost me me £5' so far trying to get through over the phone & a long time searching online going in circles before finding this page.

Look forward to hearing from Virgin.

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim card upgrade Q

Hi there @Helpvm 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. Apologies for the delay in response, we are very busy at the moment and doing all we can to get to each customer ASAP. 

I'm sorry that you've been having issues with your SIM card. Have you since been able to get it working? Let us know if you're still having issues and we'll do our best to help. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Helpvm
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Dear Hollie_B,

As per my message, I have no problem with my (old) sim card  & I am flagging that I certainly wish to remain having service on it.

The issue is due to covid I am not in a position to receive the new sim card. Once again I am flagging this in an effort for my service to remain uninterrupted.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There have been a few posts by people in your position. The main problem lies in the fact that the new SIM cannot be sent abroad. If if they could the SIM has to be activated and that can only happen on the home network.

Virgin are prepared to send the SIM to someone nominated by you in the UK who can then put it in a phone, activate it then post it to you 

However, if you are on a countdown to when your old SIM expires, I have not known them pause this 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Helpvm
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have heard nothing from virgin mobile despite me spending over £6 sending messages to their text service (round in circles answering same automated questíons). The reply from virgin person on here, not helpful as it did not address my issue. Thank you for your communication Enllie, but why exactly have a Virgin rep not answered me, heard nothing of options you speak of which ultimately have to come from them.

Virgin are just very slack & disappointing with this process during a pandemic, sending texts & emails to customers telling them a new card is coming, yet we as customers have no good way of getting in touch with them. I have just received a text saying I will lose call function in 18 days.

Providing anyone could do that for me that end, once done sim will go dead this end. Then it takes for ever for post to get to me........

VIRGIN MOBILE you need to be more reasonable & flexible with time frame & up your customer service game.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Helpvm,

Apologies for the delayed response. Is there anyone who would be able to get a SIM sent to you so we can send the SIM to them? Unfortunately there isn't a way to stop the migration process as we are now closing on the 3 year window from when the migration process started.

Thanks,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Helpvm
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Dear Corey_C,

Regarding service on my sim card I have just receved a text stating I only have 10 days left. Will the time change if a new one is sent?

0 Kudos