Menu
janefedup
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sim card only - no phone connection through wifi

Really unhappy. Have moved from EE to Virgin mobile - myself and 2 kids on sim only deal. Asked when making enquiries about wifi calling which is a feature from O2, Vodafone and EE. We get no signal in the house and we need to be able to connect to the wifi to pick up calls and texts. Have spent about £30 phoning the help service. Unhelpful people keep telling me that there is no Virgin technical department - just the billing department. I am a carer and need to be contacted in emergencies. Nobody can reach me - even if they are sitting next to me and I have 3 bars of signal!

I am now thinking the only way out is to cancel the contract and go back to EE. Can I do this or will I have to pay for a year for 3 of us? We are out of cooling off period. Can't believe that Virgin help dept don't even know about wifi calling. Yes I can do Whatsapp but that doesn't allow me to call landlines or for people calling me to reach me. Impossible to deal with these people. If only I could text Virgin mobile services!!!

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim card only - no phone connection through wifi

true, vm don't do WiFi calling yet. as you say, best to go to one of the main operators (Vodafone, o2, 3, ee) though with your signal probably not ee. not sure about leaving without paying, as out of 14 day cooling off.

not sure if you have tried setting your phone to 3g or 2g only in the hope that you'll get a signal. I know you shouldn't have to, but sometimes it works. 

you can text vm (when you have a signal anyway). the info is at the top when you post messages or replies on this forum.

Why not try our Text Messaging Service?

It’s a great way to get help with your Virgin Mobile services - and it's free!
Just send your query to 07533016422 and we’ll text you back.

Messages are free when sent from a Virgin Mobile connection.
We're open 8am - 10pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi janefedup, 

Thank you for your post. 

Firstly I would like to apologise for the experience you've had whilst trying to gain the information needed. 

We do not support WiFi calling unfortunately. We are looking at ways to improve all the time. 

You wouldn't be able to cancel if you're out of the cooling off period, you would have to pay the remainder of the contract. In regards to the signal issue, is this the same on all phones and is it the same in all areas? 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
vskk
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan- 

Are you able to help with my request please. Link below:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Mobile-insurance-asking-for-information/td-p/3906...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vskk, 

I'm afraid the link you shared ins't working. 

Could you tell me what's going on and I'd love to see if I can help. 

:) 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos