cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card not showing number

Dorrie1988
Joining in

Hi i have a galaxy note 9 som manager not showing phone number and will not connect to WiFi calling got new sim card same problem, if I put my husband's sim in my phone all works OK also keep getting refreshing sim and a confirm sim very annoying with interruptions 

Regards

D

9 REPLIES 9

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dorrie1988,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are having issues with your sim and your Note 9, I have had a look our end and cannot see anything which may be causing this, has this been working or has it never worked with our Sim?

Regards

Paul.

Hi we have had no joy with the sim requested a new sim but that did not work either ,sim manager shows virgin but not showing number  , and comes up with sim card changed restart but select base or virgin so selecting virgin carries on as normal 

Screen grab below

Regards dorrie

Screenshot_20210708-112025_Call settings.jpg

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The number not showing is quite common. My Vodafone SIM does not show and I have had others, so I doubt that would be causing the problem 

What happens if you move the SIM to slot 2?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi still the same but on delving further 

Screenshot_20210709-132955_Settings.jpg

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dorrie1988,

Thanks for your reply, and sorry you are still having issues with this.

Has this recently happened? Is your handset new? Are you able to try in a different handset so we can confirm the sim works?

Is the handset fully updated and did the reboot do nothing? 

Zoie

Hi Zoie phone works for calling and WiFi,  when tried to get WiFi calling it would not work in my up to date galaxy note 9 so got a new sim but it still does not work ,if I put it in my husband's note 9 does not work or show number but his sim in mine all OK so something with the sim card i think hope you can follow that 

Regards dorrie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your reply, is this a new phone? was it previously locked to a different provider? Have you tried it in a different handset other than a Samsung just so we can narrow down the issue.

Zoie

Hi Paulbit has never connected to WiFi calling but if I put my husband's virgin sim in it connected immediately 

Regards dorrie

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

thanks for letting us know Dorrie1988. It's strange that it doesn't seem to be a handset issue or a problem with the SIM either. I'd like to take a further look into it, but will need to confirm some details via PM to do so. Just look out for the purple envelope & we'll take it from there.

Tom