cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card not currently received

Lisandru
Joining in

Hello,

I'm going abroad this weekend and I haven't yet received the new sim card that was sent to me automatically.

Is it possible to receive an e-sim?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lisandru

Welcome back to the community. 

Sorry to hear you've not received your new sim yet. We unfortunately do not support esims. Did we advise they we were sending a new sim out to you? If so, when were you informed that a new sim would be sent? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi,

I was informed by e-mail on September 5.

Will my current sim card work normally until I activate the new one when I return?

Thanks

Does the correspondence advise when you'll need to activate your new sim? The new sim should work as normal until this date or when the new sim is activated. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Yes ...

"Please activate your new SIM as soon as you can. If you don't do it within 14 days from the date of this email, we will do this for you and your old SIM card will no longer work."

I won't be back until the end of October and so I could no longer receive the OTPs.

Thank you fir confirming @Lisandru

Would you have a friend or family member that you trust to activate the new sim in the UK and send this over to you? This is nothing we can do unfortunately to delay or reschedule the sim activation.    

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Yes I will ask someone to send it to me.

Thank you for your assistance.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Lisandru

Thanks for your reply

You're very welcome, please do be sure to contact us if you require any further assistance in the future 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs