Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sim Cards

Like everyone else I updated my mobile with the new sim card sent to me a little while ago. I used the micro sim. My question is if I now put the nano sim card that came at the same time into a newer mobile phone will that work (will be discarding the micro one) 

Thanks for any help 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sim Cards

Only one card would be active. If you want to go down size the should be a score line on the SIM to allow you to push it out

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I have the nano card ready to go. Will that start to work in new phone making the micro currently in use redundant?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK. I'm a bit confused as to why you have 2 cards.  Is the one you are using one of the old ones (red) and the new one purple?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

OK so I didn’t explain myself well...

I currently have a mobile which uses micro size card.  I have the chance of a new mobile which would require a nano card.

I happen to still have the nano card portion of the updated sim card which was sent for the general Virgin sim update earlier this year, as I put the micro card in my mobile but also kept the nano card.

If I was to accept the gift of the new phone I was wondering if the nano card I still have would work? Or would I need to request a new nano size card from virgin?

Hope I’ve explained myself better this time? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for any confusion around this joolie. 

From what I understand the SIMs can be broken down into 3 sizes - the nano part of the SIM is the smallest you can break it down to - so the SIM replacement you received (and I assume you have been using as a micro-SIM?) should be able to be broken down to the nano-SIM size - it shouldn't be a separate SIM, it's the same one made smaller.

If for some reason your nano-SIM is separate to your micro-SIM (I'm unsure how that would happen if the SIM replacement was done correctly though to be honest) and if it's more than 30 days old - then we would need to send out a new replacement.

In case you still need help getting that sorted I'll send a PM shortly to confirm the details & hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom

0 Kudos