cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card Transfer

mentalhibbyjohn
Joining in

Having grown extremely frustrated with my Huawei pro 40 (lack of apps, play store etc and strange sounds and ghost camera clicks! ) I decided to buy a new mobile to tide me over until my contract renewal in 2023.

I was told it wouldn't be a problem switching my sim over to a new mobile and continue with my Virgin contract. 

Unfortunately this wasn't true and my service was blocked on the new phone. The sim was recognised as Virgins but the service was blocked. So with frustration growing I put the sim back in my Huawei and found its still blocked. 

Anyone, help! 

12 REPLIES 12

Thank you for your reply.

I have taken a look at the link for the phone site and it is only showing three available networks and does not list us or detail if the phone is unlocked. 

With this being the case, it look like the phone could currently be locked to Three. Please let us know what they advise when they get in touch. 

Thanks, 

Nat

If that's the case it'll be going right back. You would surely expect a "sim free" mobile to take any provider. Or am I being stupid.

Nothing ever seems straight forward these days. I got the original Huawei p40 pro against the advice of a family member who's in the business. I wanted the camera and didn't think the lack of Google apps or Play Store would be a big deal. I've lost count of the apps I've downloaded via petal that won't work due to not having Google location services.

I did contact virgin who referred me back to Huawei as my service and phone are on separate contracts. Due to ongoing download issues and an online fraud they suggested a factory reset. I'm too nervous to even do a transfer between the Huawei and Samsung mobiles incase I transfer a virus. Pro 40 and 3 year contract, very big mistake.

Thank you, Natalie

I am very sorry you are having these issues, I appreciate it must be frustrating 😞

Three should be able to shed some light and also offer a handset unlock option but do please let us know how you get on and if we can assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat