cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card Registration from Hungary

Peter81
Tuning in

I am currently living in Hungary and was advised that a sim card replacement was required. The card arrived and my daughter sent it to me here, in Hungary. My service has now been stopped so I cannot use my phone and I also seem to have lost my virgin site registration as well, as I cannot log in. I tried to change my password and was asked to enter my phone number. This was also declined as not recognised. What is going on I ask.

I have a Hungarian phone so I am not totally without contact, but none of the services that use my Virgin mobile account for security work as I do not have service.

I hope there is some help as it is becoming increasingly difficult.

Thanks.

Peter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have to be in the UK to register the sim, virgin can post an activated sim to your daughter and she can for it to you or post the sim back to the UK and have someone activate it and post it back to you, if you want the former a forum rep will get to you here

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Peter81

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Are you getting 'No service' showing on your phone? Is your phone recognising that you have a SIM card in?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You have to be in the UK to register the sim, virgin can post an activated sim to your daughter and she can for it to you or post the sim back to the UK and have someone activate it and post it back to you, if you want the former a forum rep will get to you here

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello Travis.

There is no functionality at all.

I must add one further possible complication though. I have an iphone 12 running dual sim. Because I am in Hungary, Primary is the Hungarian sim. Secondary is my Virgin sim. I have swapped them over so that Virgin is primary but to no affect. I hope this does not complicate matters. Amazon are trying to send me an account security code but it does not arrive. My old sim was supposed to be replaced more than a week ago. I assumed that the old sim had been switched off.

Thanks.

Peter.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Peter81

Thanks for the reply

I'm going to drop you a private message to collect some more information, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs