cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card Failed

Aminemimoune10
Joining in

Good morning,

I live in QA at the moment. My sim card was working perfectly until refently where ive been unable to receive texts or calls on it (need for one time passwords). It keeps saying SIM failed and Could not register.

Is this a SIM issue? I neeeeeed to keep the number.

Please help.

Kind regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this PAYG or Pay Monthly?

Also all SIM cards had an update of late to allow roaming to continue. Most people abroad were contacted by text / email but that may not have got to you. Updates could not happen out of the country.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is this PAYG or Pay Monthly?

Also all SIM cards had an update of late to allow roaming to continue. Most people abroad were contacted by text / email but that may not have got to you. Updates could not happen out of the country.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Aminemimoune10

Thank you so much for your first post to our Community Forums and welcome to the team, it's great to have you here! 

Thank you so much to @enlli for their post, and these questions. I'm going to send you a PM so we can look into this a bit closed.

Please keep look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of the screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

This is a PAYG sim.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Aminemimoune10 wrote:

This is a PAYG sim.

Have you replied to the PM sent by @Ashleigh_C 

If you are out of the UK then you would need a new SIM card. However, that would have to be sent to a UK address and activated on the home network by someone on your behalf. They would then need to forward it to you

The biggest problem I see is the PAYG is closing down between October and January next year. You will have to discuss the ramifications for you with the team.