cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Application option missing

Smoggy239
Up to speed

Hi,
My iPhone 7 has reformatted my contacts yet again causing incoming calls to show only the calling number instead of the contact’s  name. Whilst going through the usual procedures to restore the contacts to normal format I noticed that Sim Applications option is missing from Settings/ Mobile data, it’s also missing from my wife's iPhone 8 ( also Virgin Mobile sim ). Using this option to change roaming to “manual” and “international “ seems to be the only way to get service whilst roaming, how are customers supposed to do it now? Do any of thr Forum Team have any ideas, are Sims being updated ? I also couldn’t find an option to update Carrier settings which I think that I’ve seen in the past.

Regards,

Dave

23 REPLIES 23

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So, when Virgin decided to become a 'thick MNVO' and run their own core network they managed to negotiate roaming agreements across the world.

When this problem first started there was a spate of APN settings changing to Proximus when abroad... 

When there are dial assist issues it just so happens that the phones always change to a Belgian prefix, never anywhere else.

So the question, why Belgian SIM cards? And why all these years of hassle?

Maybe they can answer that

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Can a solution to this issue please be posted rather than fixed in a PM

i have same issue with iPhone 12 Pro after upgrade from iPhone 11.

sim applications is missing and number format changes. 

thanks 

Hi @TheRookieGB,

I've just responded to the other thread that you've made about this. We'll continue to assist you with this from there going forward.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

celiamary3
On our wavelength

I have the same problem. It is nowhere to be seen & Inwant to stop the phone reformatting my contacts. It’s a Virgin problem. One of many unanswered sadly.