cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal/service

Patchett1998
On our wavelength

Up until this month I’ve never had problems with service and signal on my phone. However this month there’s been a big change as I barely get signal. I’m either always on 1 bar 4G or even 1 bar 3G, and I can’t do anything on my phone. Since the problems have started I’ve also upgraded my phone and the problem still persists. So currently I’ve got an upgraded phone which I can barely use unless I’m connected to WiFi. It’s started to make me regret upgrading with virgin again, as the service you provide really is the worst in the country.

47 REPLIES 47

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ashlyray wrote:

My speed has gone really slow in the last week or two, used to get fast data now very slow. I get 3 or 4 meg. Son was also with virgin and has left now to go with plus net and he gets 140 meg.

Lucky him that's about 2.5 times faster than EE's typical speeds. No VoLTE or WiFi Calling, I'm afraid, and only 3G roaming which leaves you on 2G in European countries where 3G has been turned off. And Customer Services are a rival to Virgin 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @ashlyray, can you tell me if you experience a slow data service on your SIM card in multiple locations or just when you're at home?

It may be worth looking into this link for an idea of the status of the coverage in the local area

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

It's in multiple locations and on 3 different sims. Data speed has really gone down now.

Have you possibly attempted an alternative handset to see if this makes any difference? 

Are you operating on 3G, 4G or 5G when you experience the slow speeds?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

All family having same issue 3 separate sims and phones with virgin. Just checked now outside and got 0 73mbps download speed.

Does the link provided in my previous post flag any issues in your local area and area's you have travelled to? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Yep just put in the new 5G ready sim and I’m currently sat on 3G 1 bar. Vodafone network really is unusable it seems, I’m paying nearly £70 altogether for my phone for this

£46 of that being for the data plan which can’t provide more than 2 bar signal of 3G

The annoying thing is I just renewed for a 3 year contract in January and really wish I didn’t now

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The 3 years will be for the phone not the SIM as 3 year SIM contracts are illegal.

You should be able to carry on paying for the phone but move the SIM elsewhere 

Virgin will do all they can to prevent you of course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks