cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal/service

Patchett1998
On our wavelength

Up until this month I’ve never had problems with service and signal on my phone. However this month there’s been a big change as I barely get signal. I’m either always on 1 bar 4G or even 1 bar 3G, and I can’t do anything on my phone. Since the problems have started I’ve also upgraded my phone and the problem still persists. So currently I’ve got an upgraded phone which I can barely use unless I’m connected to WiFi. It’s started to make me regret upgrading with virgin again, as the service you provide really is the worst in the country.

47 REPLIES 47

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The change is probably down to Virgin moving to using Vodafone as the contract with EE has ended (Virgin have no masts of their own)

Check here 

https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/en-gb/mobile-coverage

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Patchett1998, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your signal since migrating over to Vodafone. 

If the coverage checker shows that the signal is not provided there then you do have options available to you. Speak to the team on 789 / 0345 600 0789 for them to check things further for you. 

Pop back and let us know how things go. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

This vodaphone thing is news to me. The coverage checker says there’s signal but the reality is there really isn’t. 

Didn’t know about the vodaphone thing. Coverage checker says things are fine but they’re really not. 

Hi Patchett1998, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

If it's showing the signal should be fine then we'll need to go through some diagnostics with you then. 

• Do you find this is the issue at home as well as when out and about or is this only happening in one area?
  • Are you able to test your SIM card in another device? If so do you get the same results?
  • Can you also try another SIM in your device to see what happens?
  • Finally, is there anyone else in your household experiencing the same issues? 

Pop back and let us know so we can help further. 
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

I have the issue pretty much everywhere not just at home. I’m using the same sim I was using on my old phone before upgrading and I had the problem on that phone as well. I never had any problems until the start of the month. I’m the only one in the house with virgin.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Patchett1998,

Thank you for coming back to us about this ongoing issue. I'm sorry to hear that this issue is present everywhere, not just in a certain location. 

Are you able to put your new SIM card into another phone in the household to see if this issue persists?

Have you taken a look at our Mobile Issues page to see if this can help with your ongoing signal problems?

Please take a look and keep us updated on how you get on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Yes it’s still the same when it’s in other devices. I never had any problems until the vodaphone migration.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Patchett1998,

Thank you for letting me know. I understand that this issue started with the migration. I understand that you've already checked the Vodafone Service Checker to see if any signal area issues were present.

Have you taken a look at our Mobile Support page to run through some further diagnostics? Please take a look and let us know how you get on.

Have you rebooted your device recently to see if that will help at all?

Keep us updated. Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team