cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal problems

Jonnydoe
Joining in

Hi , I've been on virgin mobile for years, and it's always been great , so on march/April time a resigned up for a 24month contract, sim only deal . I work at a hospital and the signal used to be great while virgin was using the ee network,  but it seems that when I signed back up , I have been swapped to o2 , and in the hospital ( which I spend most my waking hours ) I am really struggling to get a signal ...

Is it possible that virgin can swap me to a different network ,  ie vodaphone ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jonnydoe

Thank you for your reply and I hope you're having a great day. 

If you contact O2 regarding your signal issue they will be able to look into this and discuss the best option for you. Unfortunately we don't have access to O2 systems ourselves to look into any potential faults, they'll be happy to look at getting the issue sorted for you if you contact them.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Jonnydoe

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you in the team. 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have been facing this signalling issue while out at work. Do you experience this issue else where?

Have you been able to use the service checker at all here?

Thank you. 

Not really noticed anywhere else , but to be honest I'm nearly always at work ..

It's making being contacted at work very hard ..

I've got a new phone recently,  samsung s22 , this never helped ..

I'm sorry to hear that and thank you for coming back to me! 

Were you able to check your work address in the service coverage checker I linked in my last post?

Thanks again. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Most modern phones have the ability to do Wifi Calling. That's what I used in hospital when in hospital recently 

Most hospitals now have free wifi

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I work in the Bristol royal infirmary,  in the heart of Bristol,   and o2 seem to have a problems in this area ..

As to wifi calling , yes I can , if I want to make calls , but when you phone sat doing nothing , the WiFi logs you back out, so you miss incoming calls ..

Is it a possibility to get network changed if having problems , or is that out of the question.. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jonnydoe

Thank you for your reply and I hope you're having a great day. 

If you contact O2 regarding your signal issue they will be able to look into this and discuss the best option for you. Unfortunately we don't have access to O2 systems ourselves to look into any potential faults, they'll be happy to look at getting the issue sorted for you if you contact them.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

I know what your saying , but I signed up to virgin mobile , thinking they are still using ee,  no mention i would be using o2 . I'm sure if I contact o2 they will say my contract is with virgin mobile , and they can't help me ...

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jonnydoe

Thanks for your reply - I see, my apologies. It is common across multiple mobile providers to experience poor signal in hospitals. What did the coverage checker advise exactly?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

archercj
Fibre optic

Signal in hospitals can be very problematic. They are either huge Victorian affairs with thick walls or modern affairs with appalling cladding that stiffles the signal. In fact our local one is clad in a copper type metal. Looks lovely as it ages but you can forget any signal once you get into its bowels. No wonder the NHS still heavily use pager technology. Their signals go where most don't! 

As has been said most hospitals provide often free wi-fi for patients and that can be helped by using wifi calling. Interestingly though I was on a chat with O2 only yesterday folloiwng my perception of a decrease in signal after I moved from Three to Virgin/O2 and the very helpful lady said she would enable me wifi calling. Within about 30 minutes the opions for my O2 Sim within my android phone showed an extra section called Wi-Fi calling (and also VolTE) where you could enable them. They werent there before the O2 call so i wonder if it isnt enabled by default.