Menu
Matt4321
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Signal on new SIM card

Hi,

Just wanted to ask if anyone is constantly losing the signal since switching to the new SIM card.  

As someone who is always on the phone at work it is extremely frustrating. It also often happens after I end a call. It can be up to 5 minutes before I am able to make a phone call. I am constantly having people telling me they are unable to get through to me.

I also frequently get a message saying that my data usage has been blocked and I am unable me to use the internet. Very strange considering my deal has unlimited data.

Is it just me or is the new Virgin network not up to it? I am paying money for this!!!

Matthew

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Signal on new SIM card

Hi Matt4321

Thanks for the message. 

Have you tried the sim in another phone to see if you are getting the same issue? 

Have you spoken to the Mobile technical team regarding this at all? 

Kind Regards 

Chris. 

0 Kudos
Matt4321
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

I haven't tried it in another phone as I don't have another one working (another issue I have had with your overseas call centre).

I was going to visit my local virgin mobile branch. I try to avoid calling 150 because all they do is promise to send me emails and messages that never arrive. If I could get through to somebody in the UK I would call more. 

I know you are started using your own network rather than EE so I am assuming it's just teething problems but it's is very frustrating when you need your phone for work and I am still being charged the full amount.

Sorry for sarcastic sounding messages but I really am starting to lose patience.

Matthew

0 Kudos
enlli
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Matt4321 wrote:

Hi Chris,. 

I know you are started using your own network rather than EE so I am assuming it's just teething problems but it's is very frustrating when you need your phone for work and I am still being charged the full amount.

Sorry for sarcastic sounding messages but I really am starting to lose patience.

Matthew

They still use EE for signal but everything else behind the scenes is now theirs.
Personally, I'm wondering how long they will stay with EE. The old SIM cards tied them in, the new ones don't

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming those details Matthew.

I'd like to take a look at the account, so I'll pop you a private message requesting more information. Just click on the envelope icon at the top of the page Smiley Happy

Thanks 

0 Kudos
japitts
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@enlli wrote:

They still use EE for signal but everything else behind the scenes is now theirs.
Personally, I'm wondering how long they will stay with EE. The old SIM cards tied them in, the new ones don't

They'll stay with EE (probably) for as long as their wholesale agreement lasts. And considering they were with T-Mobile from launch until the Orange merger, I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

https://www.computerweekly.com/news/450410684/Virgin-Mobile-extends-virtual-network-deal-with-EE

And also, whilst you're right in saying Virgin are taking more control of the core side of being an MVNO, I can foresee technical elements that would require interworking with EE's core if certain services are ever likely to work.

0 Kudos