cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing offline for message

Flynny76
Joining in

Showing offline when people are trying to message me, on sms coming through, how do I switch to online 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for confirming, is this offline message something that appears on the phone of the person sending the MMS to you then?

Can you please try sending an MMS to yourself as this can sometimes re-jig the settings on the handset.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Flynny76, welcome back to our forum and thanks for your post.

Would you mind expanding on what your issue is specifically? Once we know, we will be more than happy to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan

If people send me a standard sms message it comes through but if people try and send me an mms message it won't send and says I'm offline 

Thanks for confirming, is this offline message something that appears on the phone of the person sending the MMS to you then?

Can you please try sending an MMS to yourself as this can sometimes re-jig the settings on the handset.

Regards

Nathan

Hi

Yeah the sender receives the offline message, it will come through on my old Vodafone phone but not on this one 

What handset are you currently using? Have you been able to send a MMS to yourself to see if this helps?

Regards

Nathan

I'm on a galaxy s21 fe, I've managed to send an mms to myself but someone else has sent me a message which hasn't come through 

It certainly seems like a strange one if the one you sent has come through as it would suggest that the MMS settings are active on your handset.

How many people have advised they have not been able to send a MMS to you? Are they all on different networks or one specific network?

Regards

Nathan

Apologies I can send myself an sms message not mms.

There are at least 3 people who are tryingbto send me messages but get the offline message 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Flynny76,

Thank you for confirming. 

Do you know if the people attempting to send you the message are on the same network?

Thank you,

Nat